1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Definition of "glorious moment of the week", with photo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by walkman archive, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

with photo ... Yes I know you are not too much using a camera ... an yes I am picking on you for this :) G'day.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I would love to see your CD3000. Its very hard to find one. I am looking for a brand new one to make my glorious moment :wink:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  3. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

here is a pic from the auction boodoo, since then I now have the presentation case, so they are as good as new , and james lad...nobody needs to see more m90's lol although my victor is something special..in deed they both are as the other is from the sunshine mix 2008 on boomboxery which I think was the first boombox gathering on any of the forums

s-l1600[1].jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Cassette2go and Boodokhan like this.
  4. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Does anyone have the
    MDR-SA3000 ?

5. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

I had the 5000 and I have to say they were crap, my mate has them now but there nothing special apart from the build quality

6. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Thx a lot for the info!

7. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

L1110656b.jpg
    Today Philips D8444 was moved from the surgery table into field tests!!! The fun part has begun... :)
    As promised, its sound does not quite fits its good looks, but I see/hear nothing that a pint or two of lager wouldn't be able to correct ;)
    Unless Boss intervenes, I will be able to report the results of my investigations... ...soon :drinks

Boodokhan likes this.
  8. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Yes but it does have "Turbo Sound!" whatever that means and cost less than half the price of a GF767 back in 1983 according to one of our new members.
    1982-83 DIXONS Music Power.jpeg 1982-83 DIXONS CATALOGUE1.jpeg

Jorge and Cassette2go like this.
  9. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Longman: Glorious years indeed! Turbo Sound, also Perfect Sound Forever... oh My!!!
    With D8444 (Magnavox D8443) the idea is the same as with modern pop: you must watch the singer to appreciate the tune.

10. Cassette2go

My Mother has given me permission to ( take a break ) & Open these 2 boombox to remove the woofers to have them refoamed at www.freemantuell.com (today) Here in Dallas TX USA. So I can repair the Aiwa with new belts re-foamed original woofers and the Pioneer just needs the speakers redone and sell them. Now I already have a standing offer for the Aiwa but not for the pioneer here is a Glorious picture
    Pioneer FA-C3 top CK-3 back + CT-C3 bottom & Aiwa CS-880U
    IMG_0389 Pioneer FA-C3 top CK-3 back + CT-C3 bottom & Aiwa CS-880U IMG_0389 Pioneer FA-C3 top CK-3 back + CT-C3 bottom & Aiwa CS-880U.JPG
    IMG_0389 Pioneer FA-C3 top CK-3 back + CT-C3 bottom & Aiwa CS-880U ( shot with EOS 70D ) 10 August 2017

Jorge likes this.
  11. Cassette2go

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1592868074091741&set=a.1111546118890608.1073741832.100001056918572&type=3
    Freeman Tuell speaker repair service Aiwa CS-880U & Pioneer CK-3 woffers dropped off 10 Aug 2017.jpg
    James @ Freeman Tuell speaker repair service Aiwa CS-880U & Pioneer CK-3 woffers dropped off 10 Aug 2017
    IMG_6946 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service.JPG
    IMG_6946 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service
    IMG_6948 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service.JPG
    IMG_6948 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service
    IMG_6949 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service.JPG
    IMG_6949 Aiwa Pioneer Freeman Tuell speaker repair service. I added My AR 18s to be repaired too that is Acoustic Research AR18s 8 woofer with a 2 inch tweeter in a bookshelf box and only the woofer are needing surrounds - So this is Six speakers being refoamed for about $80.00 yes I know I could do this myself for about 20 bucks but I would rather have the people that have been in business over 40 years doing just this repair for me as these are rare to me and I just do not have the space an time to do this as I am living with my mom & today I got permission to work on the boombox's today so this is glorious for me.

Jorge likes this.
  12. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Is this your glorious moment of the week Sir James? if it is, congratulation
    If not, you can open a new topic under " where to re-foam speakers in Texas".

Cassette2go likes this.
  13. Cassette2go

That is a good idea to make a new post for where to have this done & for those not knowing this place also takes in ( mailed in for repair speakers & ships them back ) as well.