1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sotza becomes Machaneus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Machaneus, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Just to avoid any confusion I want to inform you that I altered my user name from sotza that was parts of my real name to Machaneus a month name from antiquity that is written somewhere in the Antikythera Mechanism (my avatar).
    Given the opportunity, two interesting links on the subject , the second one is an ongoing reconstruction of the mechanism from an extremely talented man.
    http://www.antikythera-mechanism.gr/

ΜΑΧΑΝΕΥΣ 2.png

Jorge and deech like this.
  2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Wow, i dropped by to check the new threads, hours later i have looked at articles of the astrological art piece mentioned then watched the above video and more, wow, i implore everyone to check the videos in the series above. That guy is an engineering master.

Good to see you man and thanks for the video.

Machaneus, Jorge and Boodokhan like this.
  3. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Μαχανεύς suits you better Sotza ! great new nickname.

Machaneus likes this.
  4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello Machaneus
    Its little hard to forget Sotza but i will try my best :wink:
    The video is great and I admire that guy's passion and enthusiasm about creating the wheel. I was thinking about the DD central gear when he was cutting the teeth on the wheel

Machaneus likes this.
  5. Machaneus

@T-ster :
    Actually ,as a warning, there is what is called "The Antikythera Mechanism bug" ,great researchers namely D.de S. Price or M.T.Wright as well as common people have been affected !
    @deech :Thanks Deech !
    @Boodokhan :
    My thoughts exactly ! What else could you expect from members of S2G family !
    @Jorge :Thanks!

6. Machaneus

If you watched any of the previous clickspring videos and you want to see the progress of the Antikythera Mechanism construction, he has just released another amazing video :Episode 6

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Sotza is unforgettable -- especially for me! :) But Machaneus makes a lot of sense, so I'll remember it as well ;)

deech and Machaneus like this.
  8. Machaneus

Thank you my dear friend Samovar!:) To complicate matters even further with onomatology ( the study of name formation and naming practices) Sotza is formatted with a part of my first real name and a part of my last name.
    Now my Greek first name is Sotiris which translated in Italy means literally Salvatore !For convenience my friends call me Sotos (Sotiris).
    Machaneus on the other hand means mechanic in ancient Greece which is my profession and a great deal of my hobbies are related with such activities.
    Sorry if you read so far this useless information but I think there are reasons that @samovar ;) will find them interesting!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    deech and samovar like this.
  9. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Researchers unlock the secrets of the ancient mechanism !!
    A true fact with Sotiris. :)

Machaneus likes this.
  10. Machaneus

Thanks Dimitri, you're so kind!:redface .I know that you are yourself one of the earliest AMRP ,fans.:)