1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by samovar, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Looking positive.

deech likes this.
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Not exactly speeding along though lol

3. davebush

davebush Active Member

Hugo said September so we are moving albeit slowly but in the right direction

deech likes this.
  4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I'd be happy if he can do it, but I'm not happy if he spents many hours without any payment. If he works on it I think he should get something in exchange. Well, it may not be as high as what pros demand, but something so he doesn't feel as working for nothing.
    When I come back home I'll contact you by PM. Let's see if we can figure out how to do this.

deech, Boodokhan and samovar like this.
  5. davebush

davebush Active Member

Agree with hugo

6. docs

docs Member

There has been some progress and the sql dumps are now a mySQL database file.
    My lad is away for the next 10 days but things are progressing with some things yet to sort, such as needing to import userbase so the threads make sense etc etc.
    Will keep this thread updated with further progress if he makes any.

deech, Nickfish, Boodokhan and 4 others like this.
  7. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Those are great news indeed. Thanks for updating.

8. davebush

davebush Active Member

Thanks Dave

9. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I shouldn't comment on this because I've been away for a while but I will only for these reasons

1. From the day the new S2G0 site had risen from the ashes, I wanted the old database back. It was the only reason I found S2Go while searching for a belt repair/ replacement tutorial (DocP..we miss you!)

2. I love this site and it's members. I can't tell you how many times I've had our members backing me up on repairs I'd have never tampered without some guidance. I owe it to the next chap who looks for the same help

3. Pictures. I can't get enough of seeing these collections from around the world getting the love like they deserve.

Hugo I can't thank you enough for saving this place. You and your co-investors stepped up and created a Phoenix like rebirth. Hats of to you.

A figurative analogy would have the Dbase as our spine. The entire body of S2Go pivoted around it and was supported by it. DOCS, Sal, Nick, Si, Reno...and the host of other respondents, thank you for brainstorming and putting this on the front burner. Problems are only problems when we're no longer searching for solutions...let's keep searching.

The main logo should be updated but now that Deech is back....let's get his creative juices flowing with this and throw some ideas at him:crazy

Boodokhan, samovar and Radio Raheem like this.
  10. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Bang on....well said Geoff:wink2

Brutus442 likes this.
  11. deech

deech Well-Known Member

I couldnt read the whole thread but i can only say things are looking positive. :reelspin:
    I will have a say by reading each and every opinion and suggestion from every respectable member involved
    in the conversation.
    Meanwhile you can message me if you want with pics and suggestions about the logo. :)

Brutus442 and samovar like this.
  12. davebush

davebush Active Member

oh definitely Deech...show us the LOGO

deech and Brutus442 like this.
  13. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Sure it’s dead around here, blame it on the logo or the lack of older information but looking back in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine it wasn’t either. Guys were talking about crap they pulled out of the trash or why would anybody want a Le Baron or maybe an Amstrad or even a Yorx. Then there were Arkay’s famous stories (with no photos) of his TOTL finds with no place to put anything cuz he lived in a tiny place in Hong Kong. The logo…the logo used to be a funny looking stereo2go hooked up to an iPod with a boombox next to it and it drew all of us in and guys posted like crazy. You were the guys I went to when everybody else told me my boxes were old and stupid and Walkmans were dead!

Sure those days are long gone, the internet has matured but this is still one of two boombox forums, and that’s not a bad thing, there’s room for everybody. Running this thing has to be a monster, I almost threw my hat in the ring because I do spend a lot of time here but it takes a ton of time and I wasn’t crazy. Guys are going to come and go, anybody that gets married knows two things are going to end, one being boombox collecting. This site will come back, I’ll post if I have to and I used to be proud of my semi-low post count but I find stuff every day and love all of it, even the Nippon BB I was given a few weeks ago. Get that donate button on the front page with the story of the DB rebuild and people will come, donate, help and post.

14. deech

deech Well-Known Member

I havent made any progress on the Logo guys i am so sorry for that but i was so busy,
    my sister also gave birth to a baby girl .
    Hopefully this coming month i will be up with something though !!:)
    I will post it and if you like it , then we can use it.
    Whatever happened with the OLD DB ? is there any progress there?

15. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've been checking out the internet wayback machine, the old sites are still on there although some of the threads seem to dead end. I've also not been able to get a password to work and I think that might not be doable. Here's the site if anyone wants to check out 2006. There's a ton of other "snapshots" through the years, I'm not able to see the really old ones due to a browser issue.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060204182126/http://stereo2go.com:80/6/ubb.x