1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHER SC-300K Keyboard boombox How I serviced mine w/o a Service manual

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Cassette2go, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

A person from France just asked me for the service manual and I do not have this manual.
    These pictures below are how I Un-assembled my model and serviced it with new belts and sold it to a current member in this NEW site.
    FISHER SC-300K Keyboard boombox How I serviced mine w/o a Service manual.
    The picture's where I measured the belt should be self-explanatory, as for the rest of the pictures, I took them as I needed them for me to remember where parts went and or how to put it back together, Enjoy.
    p.s. I think I still have some video's of this model that I have not uploaded since about 2015 about this model.
    IMG_3350 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3351 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3352 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3353 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3354 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox counter belt.JPG IMG_3355 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3356 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3357 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3358 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3359 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3360 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3361 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3362 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3363 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox belt.JPG IMG_3364 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox belt.JPG IMG_3365 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3366 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3367 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG IMG_3368 Fisher SC-300K keyboard boombox.JPG

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

It works really good James.
    I love the look of this boombox and all the options including the keyboard works fine
    Thanks

Cassette2go likes this.
  3. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Was that yellow wire originally in that position since the early 1980s, soldered like that in the factory to the motherboard (or whatever that green integrated circuit board is called)? Or is it a sort of circuitry bypass, a "hack" that James Pierce fashioned for this Fisher unit while repairing its cassette deck? (Sensibly, this model was equipped with a tape counter. Kind of necessary in editing audiocassettes that budding or improvising musicians record dribbling on the keyboard with. Perhaps even nicer is the two-shortwave-band tuner for a variety of broadcast-content subject mate ... oh, heck, it just looks "complete.")

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Cassette2go likes this.
  4. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

By the way, that is an interesting, angular, elongated cut-out octagonal foam used as some sort of repair mount by Mr Pierce in the sizeable images above.:shrug:

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. Cassette2go

Not a 'hack' as this keyboard work's perfectly, and I posted these picture of the inside as nobody ever has before. The inside is shown exactly as it should be for those that acquire this model and may find it without whatever wires or I don't know for theirs not to work, this is a working keyboard so this is a help to those that do not have this working so they can see just where the wires should go, ok?

6. Cassette2go

The yellow foam with the slots in them is how 3.5 inch hard drives were shipped to Compaq computers factory in bulk and once the drives were removed from this packing these foams were thrown away. So I gathered and kept about 20 piece's of this material for re-purposed use as a bed for taking apart boomboxes, and other uses. I worked for about Six months assembling Compaq computer and then I transferred to Telephone troubleshooting for the Presario line of computers that was made by Compaq and then about 3 months later I became a Customer Service Representative or CSR for Compaq back in the years of 1998-2001 before I became a bus operator.

7. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Oops :redface. Did I mistake the Fisher keyboard (whatever the model number is) for the Fisher SC-300K (the boombox)? Seems like I was looking at the underside of the keyboard and not that of the '300K. Mr Pierce's first November 14 post here makes that clear from sentence 1. (Examining the photos more carefully helps, too.)

Ah, well, it's good to help with such tutorial images, sir. They'll help someone go far in revamping units like these. It's also good that you saved the slotted, angular Compaq foam pads. That'll spare a landfill or two from extra junk. (For some time to come, anyway.)

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. Cassette2go

The foam pads I use them to protect the front side of what-ever box I am opening while un-screwing them for the first time as I don't wish to mar the radios anymore than they already are.