1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Cassette2go

HELIX HX-4670 BLUE GRILLS Front 100_4973

HELIX HX-4670 BLUE GRILLS Front

HELIX HX-4670 BLUE GRILLS Front 100_4973
Cassette2go, Jul 17, 2017
Radio Raheem and mraiwa1000 like this.
    • Easthelp
      The higher model number of this Helix HX-4670 might lead one to think that it is bigger, fancier or more powerful than other Helix models like the HX-4633N (one of which I have), the huge HX-4635 (AKA the much-wanted Conion C-100F) or the also-large, chrome-rich HX-4636 (AKA the Academy PC-9090, discovered today by yours truly as a minty-looking unit in a September 2014 Russian upload on YouTube).

Of course, numerically bigger model numbers don't always mean bigger, more powerful or more sophisticated models. (Other than some M-9000-odd Sanyo series or certain GF-8000-odd or GF-9000-odd Sharps, I leave it to better-experienced boomboxers to ID portables with big model numbers but of relatively small size, modest power, modest features list and vice versa.) Even so, this '4670 is a handsome enough machine.

True, its AM/FM tuner does not have the "international" radio bands of shortwave or longwave. But that fact does not detract from its distinct, cobalt-blue (or "royal blue") speakers.

This Korea-made boombox sensibly comes with a tape counter (perhaps not surprising if it were a pre-1986 model) and its 14-watt power consumption, while not rattling any well-made or well-maintained windows, is still potent enough for the satisfying reproduction of audiocassette music for a few friends gathered for suitable listening. (“Potent” for inexpensive boomboxes, of course.)

About the tweeters: they are stylishly perched on the speakers' top rims. And I don't much mind the azure-coloured sheets (or strips) backing the four sliders on the front of this "flat top" unit. (Though I blink in some dissatisfaction over the lack of a separate POWER switch. Ah, well, a size- and cost-saving design choice, I suppose.)

Lest I forget, I remark that this photograph was taken a little over eight months after I joined the previous Stereo2Go website. Don't know what smartphone (or standalone camera) was used to snap this picture (or any of the others in this stereo's photos), but this image certainly seems clear. I seem to remember seeing other boomboxes being posed online, at times with no visible solid support, against a hedge like this. And that username: Cassette2Go. A quick Google check confirms what I half-suspected: that it's the YouTube handle for James Craven Pierce III. Has Mr Pierce re-joined Stereo2Go?
    • Cassette2go
      And that username: Cassette2Go. A quick Google check confirms what I half-suspected: that it's the YouTube handle for James Craven Pierce III. Has Mr Pierce re-joined Stereo2Go?
      Yes Mr. EastHelp I have.
      Cassette2go is also my name in Ebay as well as YouTube.
      You can also friend me in facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001056918572 ( James Craven Pierce ) my name in there.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Helix brand radio cassette recorder boomboxes
    Uploaded By:
    Cassette2go
    Date:
    Jul 17, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2560px
    Height:
    1920px
    Aperture:
    f/2.7
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK CX7530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
    Date / Time:
    2009:03:04 09:17:45
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    Focal Length:
    5.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).