1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips HiFi Bochure 1983/84

Discussion in 'Brochures, advertising, data & specs...' started by Sebastian Sekinger, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Sebastian Sekinger

Sebastian Sekinger Active Member

2. mankamaz

mankamaz Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Sebastian

A real historic document, thanks for sharing!!

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I'm guessing that the numbers next to some of the CD players are the prices,
    maybe in £, maybe without and with tax.

£450 for a CD player sounds about right for 1983. That would have been about a months wages for me
    back then and then the CDs were about £15 each. It explains why I didn't get one until 1989.
    Even then the cheapest new one I could find was £100 - actually a bottom of the range Philips.

4. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

my dad bought a Telefunken-CD player (...wich was a Philips 202-derivate) in those days and paid DM 1.500,- for it - wich is about € 750,- today, BUT in those days you could buy a brand new car (f.ex. a VW Golf) for less then DM 12.000,- - wich means € 6.000.- today - so including inflation etc. you would have to pay today +/- € 4.000,- for a media-player...

i was working in a hifi-repairshop those days - cheapest cd-player available was +/- DM 1.000,- (I tink it was a rather crappy CROWN ?)

5. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Cool scans Seb