1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going free Sony WM-EX194, no belt, wires need soldering

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by greg, Aug 4, 2017.

1. greg

greg Member

Hi guys!

I picked up a working Sony WM-EX194 from a charity shop for five quid. It works but sounds a little drunk (w/f and heads need aligning, if possible).

HOWEVER - it's been canniblaised for the drive belt. Carefully opened, motor wires cut, de-belted, and reassembled.

The mechanism looks super, the internal electronics worked prior to me pulling the rubber band out to make another walkman work.
    But, it's free to anyone who wants it. UK gets free postage, no tracking etc, just free without any support.

Or, outside the UK - EU, rest of world, it's yours but please could you chip in for postage? I'm on short-term contracts and life ain't cheap with cretins in government in the UK, screwing with the economy.
    You're responsible for import duties, if any, etc, but I will chuck on a CN22 declaration etc.

Get in touch!

Greg

Pics below. DSC02204.JPG DSC02203.JPG DSC02200.JPG

2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

The w/f and other issue's could have been addressed and now ... all for just the belt you took out and.... IF you put another belt into this and re-solder the wires and then make it play a cassette again then maybe people could be interested in this. After all you have First-had experience with this model in getting the belt out so it should be easy for you to put a NEW belt into to this unit and button it back to working condition, ok?
    You can buy the belt here from this MEMBER ) I cannot remember his name ) in Here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-for-So...EX342-WM-EX362-WM-EX364-Walkman-/141300812413
    So you re-fix this and then re you know.

3. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

He is simply giving it away not selling it for god.s sakes

4. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

Funnily enough I've ended up with five of this model, and none of them work! All completely dead.

What a mystery.

Henry

5. greg

greg Member

Maybe you need another one, just to make sure? ;-)

kitchen10 likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Active Member

This model definitely has sentimental value to me, I've got a boxed one of these with original headphones + 25 hours sticker still intact. It belonged to my Polish grandmother who used it to play English language learning tapes.

7. YonWalk

YonWalk New Member

Sounds like this could be a good way to build some experience with fixing a Walkman. I'd be happy to pay for all shipping if you can send it to Norway. Just declare actual value and customs will not be a problem :)

8. greg

greg Member

DM me your details and I'll get the walkman packaged up and costed. Actual value is effectively zero. We're in a customs union for now, so should be easy...

9. YonWalk

YonWalk New Member

Will do, but Norway is like you are becoming; an oddball who doesn't want to play with the customs union ;-)

10. isolator42

isolator42 Active Member

I bought two of these around 11 years ago for my kids, NIB from eBay for £2 a piece. Basic, for sure, but both still work fine.
    For myself, I splashed out £7 (again NIB from eBay) for a Sony WM-EX506. Again still 100% & is the cassette player in my car audio setup :)