1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

800w Bumpboxx UpRock V1

Discussion in 'Portable Stereos of Today & Tomorrow' started by BLASTER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BLASTER

BLASTER New Member

Attached Files:

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

...well, not exactly a bargain :scratch2:

3. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Not a bargain, for the money? , it's 1/2 the diamond box and 122 db is quite loud. I am a DJ since I was 13. I'm 49. I get a lot of requests to do gigs outdoors without a power source or having to get a generator. This would help solve that issue. I'm actually on the fence between this and the soundbokx 2 . Even though the new bumpboxx might sound better, the soundbokx 2 I can put on tripods, waterproof, sandproof where the bumpboxx does not have that capacity.

I have heard the diamond and it was shocking how much quality bass that thing put out but I can get 2 soundboks 2 for the same money as 1 diamond box and put them on a tripod for a wedding or party in the woods.

Now for distance, since it has several drivers, the bumpboxx might actually shoot longer footage because of the driver arrangement. I am waiting for reviews to come out before I jump on either. There is a few people that have done distance tests between the other bumpboxx and diamond, and soundboks. I'm hopping they grab this so I know what's the better choice for my needs.

4. BLASTER

BLASTER New Member

I like the fact that bumpboxx does make them with speaker grills for protection unlike diamondboxx does not....

5. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Agreed on the grills. If there was a way i could get them up in the air easy for outdoor or beach weddings, I would have jumped on the pre-sale. Right now that is one reason I am leaning towards the soundboks 2. It has a pole mount and water resistant. From a DJ / pro outdoor standpoint, getting them up in the air for longer distance when you have 200 people in the way is key. My 2nd wish that I have expressed to soundboks, it has a 40 hour battery, why can they put an outlet to power a laptop and hard drive? I would take a 20 hour battery life powering a laptop and external drive in a heartbeat. Most gigs are only 6-8 hours anyway.

I feel Bumpboxx is on the right track but, they could expand it out a bit more and appeal to another market with little cost to them.

JBL is already starting to jump into the battery powered units called the Eon One Pro. Companies like Bumpboxx and Soundboks have been in the battery operated field longer but, im sure JBL will get that share of the market just because of the brand.

Sorry to go off topic a bit there.

6. BLASTER

BLASTER New Member

oh you want a box like the TDK that had the pole mount feature as well....

7. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Or the soundbox2 since its louder vs the TDK. And has a mic input.

8. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I still prefer my RX-A2 but then I do not DJ either.

9. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

im to old for this modern stuff and it's mono....don't need anything louder than an m90, sony fh909

10. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Love how the brand name is carved into the top of it.

11. Radio Raheem

yes thats cool Reli

12. BLASTER

BLASTER New Member

i wonder if they fixed that mono problem with the newer models ?

13. Radio Raheem

i think they plan some stereo models in the future my friend

Brutus442 likes this.
  14. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I love the entrepreneurship of the company but the design looks a lot like the real boom boxes I used to build. Being a young kid paying his way through school by driving a delivery van, I always needed better music than the stock van AM system. My generous friends would always give me tape decks, eq’s, speakers and other assorted stereo equipment. Using a real cardboard box, I’d stuff everything in, reinforce where necessary and plug it into the cigarette lighter. Just enough to almost sound good. There are “suitcase” boxes on ETSY that look more interesting and I have an ION with a 6+ hour car battery that has to be louder. They really need an industrial designer to help with the looks. I’m sure it’s not easy to design and build something like this for a small company and I’d love for them to do good but I’m just not feeling the product.

15. Cassette2go

I still prefer my JVC RV-NB1 as it does it all and best of all it does it in stereo.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  16. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Trust me, most of those suitcase boxes are garbage. Yeah they might look cool, but there's no way they can get good sound quality out of a flexy pleather suitcase unless they've somehow bolstered it with an internal wood frame. And most of those suitcases are actually priced higher than the Bumpboxx!

Cassette2go likes this.
  17. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've never seen one up close but there's just so many of them listed. It would be a fun little business if you were making some money at it but scrounging the parts has to be time consuming. Here's a cool place that has boxes of surplus parts, lot or radio stuff and speakers. The last time I was there they had a huge box full of just knobs from electronics but it was like looking for a needle in the haystack.
    https://www.ax-man.com/collections/all-products

18. Cassette2go

Not this model but I have seen the bumpboxx - heck I may have even held one ...
    IMG_0598 James selfie Front hold BumpBoxx.JPG IMG_0599 James selfie Shoulder's BumpBoxx.JPG IMG_0600 James selfie Shoulder's BumpBoxx.JPG

Radio Raheem likes this.
  19. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Nice, where'd you get the custom grills?

Cassette2go likes this.
  20. Cassette2go

I didn't, this is not mine. Last week of August I Drove from Dallas to Stowe VT for a family funeral, and on the backside of going there I visited with boombox people in all the states in between VT & TX
    One of those people had this bumpboxx and I got to check it out and have my pic taken with his bbxx. So I have no idea where he got those grills from as I thought they were stock...