1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boodo Khan

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Brandon, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I would if all accessories and box were included.

ciclosysombras likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Member

Yeh that is a Minus . On the plus side it looks in good nick.

4. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

This sold for 82,500 JPY (around $740)...is this how much they go for these days???

5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Yep pretty much. I got mine for around $650 AUD. I only got it cause I sold a bunch of walkmans so I could afford it :)

6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

come on! anyone "in the know" cares to comment on Boodo SOUND? It sounds like Nak "Dragon" to me: Nak Dragon CD player is a piece of,... I dunnow..., s#^t ???,!!!!, But with some Awesome looks to its creds... like Gryphon Audio gimmick for those with extra $$$ and tin ears... Not that I care, I am Not too old to flip LPs on my Sondek.
    Seriously, what is so special about Boodokhan? Is this the "Best Walkman Ever" out there? Being a sucker for catchy names myself (Bose and Martin Logan were on top of my list 20+ years ago when I first stepped/sunk into hi-end) I do not see any extras to this player. Is it any better than any other DD Sony's? Why is that??

7. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hahah I agree with you. I got suckered into it. The all mighty Boodo Khan. The sound quality on my DD-30 is way better.

Jorge likes this.
  8. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

DD-100 used to be around 150-250 up to 2 years ago (obviously with broken gear) somehow during the last 2 years the price went up crazy.
    one of our members (renzgi ) had several Boodokhan with all accessories /box but i guess he sold most of them.

9. Brandon

Brandon Member

10. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

DD100 Boodo Khan like Nakamichi Dragon are rare and have a legendary name and therefore sort after, nothing more nothing less then a legendary name.

Jorge likes this.
  11. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

My nak is the best deck I’ve ever owned. It’s not a dragon though

12. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

wich Nak do you have ?

13. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Bx100. Hands down best purchase, less than £100 fully serviced

14. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I agree with you. I don't have a Nakamichi deck but my $40 Sony TC K-71 deck sounds amazing. Just like the TPS-L2 years ago. Prices weren't that high and when Guardians of the Galaxy came out.....BOOM, up went the prices!

Another Walkman I've noticed with high prices lately are the WM10/20 series. Most are over $300 for average condition. I used to get them from Yahoo Auctions for $120-$150 but now most are $500 in non working condition. I'm glad I got all mine already.

15. TooCooL4

The Dragon is so over rated just like the Sony DD9, they both have loads of tech in them but for sound quality not as good as others.
    I have Nakamichi CR-7, much better than a Dragon.

You can see my CR-7 here

autoreverser and Jorge like this.
  16. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Auto-reverse convenience of Dragon makes me uneasy: how did they achieve that without compromising reliability? Not a problem in the olden days when Nak reps would adjust and calibrate your deck for free, but not so cheap and easy today. CR-7, or ZX-7, or ZX-9 are on my watch list, for when I find an excuse to upgrade my LX-3. Since all my tapes are copies of my own LPs, I spend my "allowance" on yet more LPs and CDs.

17. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I can’t say I’ve used a dragon but the home audio ecosystem is laughable at times. There are genuine geniuses at work (I know two in London making amplifiers, one made a high end speaker from two pieces of paper) but most often it’s very difficult for a consumer to find those hidden 10%. So they end up listening to magazine reviews and following the prevailing fashion. Nothing wrong with that of course, often the wise men are right... but sometimes there are lapses

18. autoreverser

yep, CR-7 is the best deck ever made by Nakamichi - i favourize the RX-505 for its beautyfull undirectional autoreverse.

those few % my 505 is worse are the few % my old ears will never ever be able to hear (unfortunately). too much punk, too many concerts,
    too much beatin' the tubs - too much loud headphones with my D6C in the mid 80'es (...everybody in the schoolbus was forced to listen to AC/DC,
    but through my headphones).

19. TooCooL4

If you had heard a 1000ZXL, then you would know the best deck Nakamichi ever made. In a class of it’s own.

20. autoreverser

objection, sir - i owned a Dragon, a CR-7, a 1000 TriTracer and a 1000ZXL, and as i wrote - for my old ears there was NO hearable difference.

the only difference was, that during the hype i sold them all for a fortune (i remember i bought my ZXL in the early 90'ies in a hifi-shop for DM 1.200,-
    wich equals +/- € 600,- and sold it for € 2.000,- about 5 years ago - today would me more - the CR-7 "only" kept the value 1:1.

f.m.o. best deck ever was the Eumig FL1000 - or Hugo's Tandberg - but if we're talking analogue reproduction nothing's gonna beat r2r