A Tale Of Two Fishers..............

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, May 27, 2018.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Well Things Have Gone So Much Better Than Last Week!! :p

After the disaster with the the Sanyo mini, I was certainly caught up in the tentyhooks wondering whether it was time to give up with repairing & restoring Stereo Radio Cassette Recorders & was just about fed up with making mistakes :( Would never happen when I was fit & well.................

Anyway, many people left me their kind words & encouragement both here & on the forums as well as friends this end & I took notice as I got ears!!

I was wondering what else I could do & enjoy it that didn't involve a broken cassette mechanism in front of me & I have to say my life would certainly be another fish in the kettle :O

So this weekend: 2 Fisher (Sanyo Built) 3 piecers, the black PH-430 which had a blown left channel woofer & the rather beautiful PH-460GL (Love this stereo) which had a seized cassette deck with snapped belts & even worse, a complex power supply which had dry joints on pretty much every pin of every plug in the risers that the main board plug into :(

Now I had an existing 460 that worked for a couple of weeks until the same problem caused the Psu to explode & damage both the power amp stage next to it, but the pre-amp board too - So my old 460 was done up just like a kipper!! :( :( Certainly not repairable by myself!!

To keep the tale a little shorter, I repaired/re-belted the cassette deck (Not for the faint hearted - A real pig to do to be honest) then removed the Psu before even connecting to the mains & resoldered every suspect looking pin...........

Time to put it back together...........& VIOLA!! everything working 100% - so far so good!!

Time to attend to the PH-430 next & I decided to replace all four speakers with the same ones in my old PH-460 as they are the same & as I had previously painted the cones blue, I thought this would lift the look of the stereo & prevent it from looking like it was wearing old hats :p

Quite time consuming but completed this afternoon & a complete success thank f**k :D

All that was left to do was take a few images & go webside to share them with others............

Et Viola:

A Tale Of Two Fishers - 27 May 2018 (1).jpg A Tale Of Two Fishers - 27 May 2018 (2).jpg Fisher PH-430LG Portable Compo System Speaker Transplant - 27 May 2018 (1).jpg Fisher PH-430LG Portable Compo System Speaker Transplant - 27 May 2018 (2).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (1).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (2).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (4).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (5).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (6).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Compo System - May 2018 (7).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Restored 25 May 2018 (1).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Restored 25 May 2018 (3).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Restored 27 May 2018 (1).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Restored 27 May 2018 (2).jpg Fisher PH-460LG Restored 27 May 2018 (3).jpg

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Man i love that black Fisher with the blue woofers, so nice

nickeccles likes this.
  3. felix_f4

felix_f4 New Member

Can you save me?,,.............I have a PH460,But its wires are broken,I don't know its connection route...Please help me..

Attached Files:

nickeccles likes this.
  4. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

I have board you need buddy! Pm me!

5. felix_f4

felix_f4 New Member

Dear friends, I just want to know how its line is connected only, Now Who can Help!!
    Image is a sample,What I need is fsher PH460 Line connection..

Attached Files: