1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another cassette party in Spain. New date: April, 7 2017.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by walkman archive, Feb 9, 2017.

1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Last year my good friend Lorenzo, aka @TJ Autoreverse ran what was probably the very first cassette party in our country (Spain), and maybe the world's first party driven with... walkmans! If you wasn't aware of that, please read my post about it.

Cassettada-loren-10.jpg

Now we are in 2017 and we're preparing a new one, this time bigger. Schedule it in your calendar: march, 17. Zaragoza, Spain, at La lata de bombillas.
    Anyone wants to come in?

Cassettada-loren-09.jpg
    Cassettada-loren-06.jpg

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

That looks like fun! A night of quality tunes all on cassette sounds amazing. Great job TJ ! I wonder about the gift cassette, was it a mix you had made?

3. walkman archive

Yeah, it was a lot of fun indeed.
    Regarding the mix for gift, it was completely a project made by @TJ Autoreverse . I know he made the copies in his AIWA SR6 boombox, but he can give more details...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Yeah that would be great, i'd be interested on what tracks he used, tracklist please!

5. TJ Autoreverse

TJ Autoreverse Administrator Staff Member

Hi T-ster, I have just asked the track list to the owner of the pub. I remember there were groups that played that month on the pub (the schedule each month is absolutely amazing) and some groups which were going to play for the 16th festival organized by the Pub "La Lata de Bombillas" -

By the way; Last Saturday the Pub organized like a religious procession. The bulb can who give the name to the Pub has been venerated by the followers. Its not a sect, its just love after 16 years over thousands(yes thousands) of concerts.

Here you can see the can, from minute 18:01 )
    http://alacarta.aragontelevision.es/programas/aragon-en-abierto/sabado-11-de-febrero-11022017-1746

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. TJ Autoreverse

TJ Autoreverse Administrator Staff Member

7. walkman archive

Ready for the party!
    Finally I'll be CJ'ing together with TJ Autoreverse
    Here are the walkmans I'll take. Now I'm still recording on MetalXR and TDK MA on te CT-93

IMG_6988.JPG