1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of ebay member "happyaibo"

Discussion in 'Buyers & Seller Feedback' started by buzbox, Oct 16, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So here goes. I had sold 2 walkmans. One to the US and one to South Korea. My mistake ( a big one) was that I sent the US Walkman to South Korea and vise versa. Nevertheless both buyers were not happy. The South Korean buyer was helpful and is willing to return the Walkman wrongly sent to him. The US buyer (happyaibo) on the other hand was and is an absolute nightmare to deal with. As per eBay's rules or policy, the buyer has a responsibility to send the wrong or damaged item back. I offered to pay him for the return costs. He declined that offer. He asked me to organise a courier to pick it up instead. I'm in Australia so it would be difficult for me to do so. I then had the chance to get some members here to help. Was able to get a stereo2go member to organise the return shipping label. I told the US buyer that I can upload the label via ebay and all he needed to do was print it out and attach it to the return parcel. He refused to the print out the label. Basically he is not willing to lift a finger to have my item returned. He also said that he will not return the item until I refund him for the Walkman he was suppose to get. Well that goes against ebay policy also. He's holding the Walkman as ransom. Last I checked that is a crime.

As I'm typing in this post the matter is now in ebays hands. I don't really feel like dealing with this fool anymore. I agree I made the mistake in shipping and apologised a number of times even offering and extra $50 for him to return the item. But nope he is not getting off his high horse. His user name is 'happyaibo'. I suggest adding it to your blocked bidder list on ebay. Maybe he is a member on this forum and to be honest I don't really care.

regards.
    buzbox

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Its really and unfortunate situation but ebay is loaded with these people.
    In my opinion if you send the walkman that he originally bought (the one you will be receiving from S Korea), he will find some excuses to complain to ebay and ask for refund. It is a hard decision for you and in my opinion refund his money and get your walkman back.

3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

At this point I really don't care if I make a loss. I bought the WM-3 at a cheap price. Will make a loss and it's a shame cause it's more valuable than the dd he was suppose to get. I've had wrong or damaged items sent to me also but have always worked it out with the seller. This guy won't even print out a shipping label. How spiteful can someone be? Atleast the buyer in South Korea is will ship the DD back to me but i'll be sending him a refund too.

I've left the matter with the US buyer to ebay to step in and assist. Gave them the whole story and they can review the messages between the me and the buyer. Told them that I am only comfortable in refunding the original postage cost since he is not going to help in returning the WM-3. Hopefully ebay will do right by me. But going by past experience they tend to favour the buyers. Big reason why I started my own site so I can sell on there instead of ebay. I'm really considering not selling all together in the future.

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

They sound like an arse who is just trying to take advantage of the situation and get something for free

5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I agree with Si, a couple of times i have made a mistake and had a message from a friendly helpful ebayer and i have refunded and let them keep the item. Other times i have dealt with complete asshats and i do not give in to them.

Push to get your machine back from the US buyer and comply with what ebay request. I feel for you man.

6. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

If this douche is not willing to even print out the shipping label then it's a lost cause. I'll be pissed if ebay refunds the full amount to him.

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

You can still sell to S2G members and list them on your own site. There will be always buyers if you sell quality walkmans.
    we all get bad experiences with ebay shopping and it is not the ebay itself but bad people who create these sad experiences.

8. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Spot on. It's not an eBay issue it's a people issue...sadly a proportion of the population are cockwombles

Boodokhan and buzbox like this.
  9. davebush

davebush Active Member

Karma will get him in the end

Boodokhan and sickly_b like this.
  10. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Well I've just been on the phone to ebay. They will be contacting the buyer and will remind them on the return process. If he's still not willing to assist then hopefully I can keep his original payment in full.

11. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

The idiot left me a negative feedback. Hahahah what a muppet. I wish I could sent him a bag of dog shit for xmas!!!

Command8 and davebush like this.
  12. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Ah! You want www.shitexpress.com

I sent some to a second hand car dealer last year after they wrote off my mates car taking it for a service. Its untraceable if you use bitcoin!

13. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hahah awesome. Nah was just kidding. Don't need the feds at my door.

14. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I remember having an anonymous email program years ago. Basically you can type in any kind of email address for yourself eg. youareadick@head.com . If I still had it I would just send 10'000 emails to him over and over again. I have his phone number too. Might order up some pizza hut and have 50 pizza's sent to his house or send a barber shop quartet to this door.

15. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Hahah

The real sadness is not seeing his face when he gets the surprise

16. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So I will add this to my ebay auctions for a while. Best to be honest with other potential buyers. Another thing ebay changed is that buyers can leave negative feedback and sellers cant. Once again ebay protecting buyers only. I had not chance to tell my side on the feedback so this is what I can do for now.

ebaypolicy.png

matt, Command8 and Boodokhan like this.
  17. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I've lost this battle. Ebay basically sided with the buyer as I suspected from the beginning. I've had to give the fucker a refund and he won't help in having the WM-3 returned. This asshole broke all the ebay rules. He even demanded that I send the refund before the item is returned. That's a violation of ebay policy yet ebay in their wisdom did nothing.
    Time for www.shitexpress.com

Someone wanna help me with this? I don't have bitcoin and not really sure about using paypal. I can pay for it if someone has bitcoin. Would love to send this fucker 1 shit parcel per week for the rest of the year!!!!

18. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Very sad to hear this story..... but elephants cannot fly eather..... I think the is to leave iT behind you..... just forget and see the sunny side of life!!!

19. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Why give him any money? You can refuse, and then eBay might get upset but if it makes them listen. I would offer to refund the difference in price of the two units. If eBay dick about maybe their platform isn’t the best idea. I got scammed on gumtree the other day on a tape deck, but their policy is ‘we don’t get involved’. Well my policy is, I don’t use your platform anymore.

matt likes this.
  20. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I've never cared for money. It's about fairness and treating other people the way you'd like to be treated. People like the guy I've been dealing with will succumb to some karma.

Command8 and Cassette2go like this.