1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beauty!!

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, Mar 30, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Yeah Yeah People, I know she's not silver :D :D :D I have 2 black boomers now!!

As most of you know, I am silver mad for boomers so any colours or black get through..............Do like my red Sanyo mini's but would rather have em in silver!

Anyway.............

I bid on this as I know these are good all rounders & was going to leave it as the bidding very slowly rose....................

Anyway, I took a proper look at it again & really like the styling of these RX series (Kind of mini's) to me anyway!!

I ended up in a race to win having decided I was 'Avin It' no matter what :D

£60 saw it delivered 2 days later! (Great Seller & although packing could have been better) it arrived fully working & VERY dirty as stated :)

Time to open her up & see what's what............

This was a surprise for me: the build quality is fantastic, logical & an absolute delight to work on, the cassette decks belts were 'Ok' but so simple to change that I replaced them all (I noticed the search system was faulty in rewind search & full auto stop was a little hit & miss!!

Head & pinch roller SO filthy, one of the worst I've ever seen :shock :shock :shock

Tape deck put aside to clean the inside which wasn't too bad, then headphones in to test tape deck - just perfect now & as usual with Technics & Panasonic, the azimuth & motor speed were spot on :thumbsup:

I cannot praise the build quality enough - it is of such a high standard, are all the RX series like this?

Big Tits in the meantime had been cleaning the front panel which comes away so easily, just unplug the speaker cables from the mainboard & it's out & contains no electronics to be careful of, just the four speaker drivers! so easy to clean up :wink:

So this afternoon saw the front back on & speakers plugged in (Who else has done that before & had open it up again to connect the speakers :lollegs: :lollegs: :lollegs: I haven't for a long time now though!!

Time to test her out: Fuck me I am blown away by the sound quality & the sheer power of the amp took me totally by surprise - these things are LOUD!! :reelspin: :reelspin: :reelspin: :reelspin:

As expected, very good tape deck, as good as any technics/panny at the higher end of the range - solid bass & detailed crystal clear highs...............this was a revelation for me, I mean it's not a big stereo at all it's between mini & medium size stereo & it sounds so damn good!!

I am delighted with this thing, a joy to use (Really nice tape deck) gorgeous tiny VU meter & TPS led's, Dolby, bass & treble & a proper loudness circuit that really lifts bass & treble at low volume!!

Crazy power amp, it really is powerful & capable :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

A good punt for me & the last for a while - I have seriously overspent on my boomer budget :smoke :smoke :smoke

There are loads of pictures, I have compressed them down to post here - I know how much many like plenty to see in a thread :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Video of a classic soft rock record that played relentlessly on U.S. radio when I was there in 1980!! Love this tune :headphones: :headphones: :headphones:

Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (1).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (2).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (3).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (4).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (5).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (6).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (7).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (8).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (9).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (10).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (11).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (12).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (13).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (14).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (15).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (16).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (17).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (18).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (19).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (20).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (21).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (22).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (23).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (24).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (25).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (26).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (27).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (28).jpg Panasonic RX-F32LE Radio Cassette Recorder - March 2017 (29).jpg

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Nice find. I reckon it was the colour of the large cassette door that attracted you :nodding:

nickeccles likes this.
  3. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

You are thourough Nick!

Another great box for the collection, and this time both the wife and the cat helped with the unpacking! It's a win-win all around!

nickeccles likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Always wondered about these, they are cool looking. Nick your a dab hand as usual :thumbsup:

nickeccles likes this.
  5. Sebastian Sekinger

Sebastian Sekinger Active Member

Nice machine! I have often thought of getting one of these, Panasonic had the knack for making great sounding boxes! The engineer side of me always likes it when people take photo's of the insides of their machines, gives a great insight into how well they are made and how easy they are to repair. This one looks to be in tidy shape! Nice find!

nickeccles likes this.
  6. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

A good sounding box considering it's size and a quirky deck.

nickeccles likes this.
  7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Like i have said to you on the phone, always wanted one, someone sell me a red one haha

nickeccles likes this.
  8. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Very nice Nick :biggrin: always liked these, yeah a red one would be nice :nodding:

nickeccles and Radio Raheem like this.
  9. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Or a silver one!! I would swap it for a silver one in same condition & working :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I don't think that's going to happen tho! :lollegs:

10. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Cool Stereo, Nick! :nodding: Do like this model - congrats, mate! :thumbsup:

nickeccles likes this.
  11. Yuko_ru

Yuko_ru New Member

Super

nickeccles likes this.
  12. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Great pics and nice unit!!