1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Car Stereos of Vintage Mitsubishi

Discussion in 'Sightings in TV/Film/Print' started by Ken80s, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I used to be a big fan of the 80s Mitsubishi cars namely Galant, Sigma, Super Touring, Lancer and etc. They usually come with car players that beautifully match with the classic interior dashboard design. I managed to find some images from Google and would like to share with all Mitsubishi lovers.

7dac.jpg

mitsubishi_delica_415528.jpg

0a2c-fyctevp9364530.jpg

Simon likes this.
  2. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

3. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Back from the days when you could swap the unit for a different one.
    I had to do that on my 1988 Nissan when the clutches in the cassette deck started to sieze.

My 2001 Vectra B had a conventional stereo but used a separate display in the dashboard for Radio station, Clock etc.

My current car 2013 VW Golf has everything on the one touchscreen. I actually prefer the arrangement on my wife's Skoda Citigo, which still has a row of pushbuttons for selecting stations. Far more intuitive than a touchscreen.

Recently I had to drive a 2014 BMW 420. That has the weird i-drive system with everything being controlled by a combined Joystick/Knob by the gear lever. At least the screen is in a good position for viewing.

Ken80s likes this.
  5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

LOve these pictures, they have an angular simplicity and style its hard not to love.