1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake item/seller on ebay

Discussion in 'Buyers & Seller Feedback' started by buzbox, Oct 26, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have seen this issue frequently that sellers place picture from internet (mostly from walkman archive site).
    If this guy has a walkman in almost new condition (as he claimed) should place his own photo.

3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

maybe they are too poor to have a real camera or only have a cel-phone camera and they don't know how to get the pictures out of their phone and into ebay - is my guess and using pictures already out there is easier maybe to use but then watermarking is a good way to protect the original pictures but then most pictures don't use this feature....and there is more about the pictures of these radios or boombox or walkmans that I could go on about but then I am a victim too of this issue but I cannot do anything about it as I uploaded pictures long ago without any security protection in them or any way to control whom has them and or use's them and now present day I do not mind if my picture gets used as I can always and I do make more :reelspin:

4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I agree that maybe the seller has no camera but look at the photos he uses. Especially the ones from Hugo's site. The 'Walkman Archive' watermark that are on the photos are cropped out. That is why I'm a little suspicious about it.

5. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

US $899.00 at this price I really do not care as I am not spending that much on that model. But for that amount of money I want to see it play a cassette Like I did here years ago in this video
    = about 20 seconds in to the video I showed how I was getting the stereo sound via the headphones to prove it was playing and working www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgIQUBFO53A This is only 2:10 long. So for NINE HUNDRED BUCKS he can certaintly make a short video of his working but then again I don't want this or any more walkmans as I have too many that need repair

6. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

I can't stand the arrogant, presumptuous, entitled attitude of sellers who expect someone to pay hundreds of dollars for an item that hasn't been described or photographed well.

You want big bucks, WORK FOR IT.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Boodokhan, Cassette2go and buzbox like this.
  7. A O

A O Active Member

Then they need to state this otherwise it's 100% missrepresentation.

Cassette2go likes this.
  8. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

So this guy has removed the watermarks, but more importantly he’s sent me a load of new pictures of the unit. Unfortunately with zero eBay history he’s going to struggle selling it, but at least he’s giving it a go

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So he emailed you photos of the actual unit he has or more photos he's taken on the internet?

10. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I was surprised to receive any pictures! But if it looks like a scam and smells like a scam...