1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Norway

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by YonWalk, Aug 10, 2017.

1. YonWalk

YonWalk New Member

Hi,
    A few weeks ago I found some old cassettes that I wanted to digitize. Having been without a player for more than 20 years, I set out to find a good one for the job. A lot of googling and ebaying later I now have a Sony WM-D3, but also a DCC-130 and Sony WM-D6C on the way.

Although my D3 was supposed to be in good working condition, it had the cracked center gear of course. I've been manning up to get another DD for a donor center gear, but finding Marians new gear here has really got me stoked.

It's a bit of a wonder that I have not jumped on the walkman bandwagon a while ago as I also have quite good collections of other wintage gadgets, mostly calculators and hand-held games consoles.

Anyway, Thanks for this great forum and the great work done by so many of you to keep these things alive!

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello YonWalk
    welcome to the forum. Among the walkmans you mentioned, D6C is the best and indeed is one of the best walkmans ever made.
    Whenever you have time share some picture of your gadgets. thanks

YonWalk likes this.
  3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, bud! :wavey:

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Welcome here Yonwalk.
    The D6C, if working fine, will serve you well for that digitizing.
    I hope you can find here the help you're lookign for.