1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm Elisio (Deaf)

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by ElisioClio, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello all Walkman Fans and other story tapes. My name is Elisio and I live in Portugal. Well I'm a deaf person. Well, I also have the Walkman TPS-L2. I remember this when I was little, I was 7 years old and I saw it was 1980. I wanted one but it was very expensive and I was poor. Neither does my father give me, we are poverty. Well after another 35 years and I saw Youtube and Stereo2Go to read forum. WOW, I remembered now why I did not buy walkman my dream ..... I opened the internet several classified Ebay expensive .... why? And I read because it gave the famous movie The Guardian Of Galaxy, so because I was late to buy before. And now I thought I could never buy expensive and also I never encounter for 2 years to search for classifieds from Portugal, only Ebay that has, but expensive, lelilão. Difficult for me. One day I was to see the Spanish calls of the VIBBO internet, and I saw there a Walkman TPS L2 Good condition and cost 70 euros, and I sent it (it was a lady), and she says she does not transport to Portugal, And she was sad. .. So tomorrow I remembered my cousin is Spain to work, I asked her to get in touch with a lady selling walkman by me, cousin and cousin already contacted her and found her and ended up selling, UUUPPPIMMMM WOW WOW My cousin Already bought and then 2 Months Comes from Portugal cause holidays and brought the Walkma TPS-L2 and she said she offers me what I deserve and I hear and the feelings sound loud. Thank you for everything and without paying anything. And I offered dinner with the family.
    See my video is YouTube as an example my gift see:

Well that's all I'm saying. I also love Walkman at the moment, watching cassette tapes is beautiful and makes me think quieter, That I never forget the cassette TEAC REEL TO REEL. Sometime my life is better and I have to be careful spending money. I buy my taste and not much walkmans. Now I bought some Walkmans as top range and good condition, I also like DD walkman and worse problem GEAR WHEEL, it's normal, I bought Walkman DD9 one last time, it's also beautiful. One day I will post photos or video every time. Thank you all. Continue to collect. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    Brutus442 and Ball000 like this.
  2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Hi Elisio welcome to Stereo2go.
    I know you say you are deaf, do you actually get to listen to them? The reason I ask this question is in the UK one of our top percussionist is also deaf. In an interview with her she said when she was young she use to use a player that would rattle and have as much bass as she can take because she could feel the bass / music that way. She still listens to music that way these days.

Anyway welcome and enjoy your stereo.

Evelyn Glennie

ElisioClio likes this.
  3. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome to S2G ElisioClio!

ElisioClio likes this.
  4. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

A warm welcome !

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello Elisio and welcome to the forum.
    thank you for sharing your story. I reminded me my own teenage years dreaming of a day to own a walkman.

Brutus442 and Ball000 like this.
  6. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello TooCooL4. Thank you comment. I understand your deaf doubt hears ???? Okay here say how deaf they are. There are a million deaf people not equal 100%. Rare equals. Example: I am deaf and hearing very little less than 1 meter. Depends on right or left side. If deep deaf and has no voice is zero hear and no sound says but feels. I hear little left ear and 50% and right 0% DEAD. When I was little my aunt gave me Walkman the first listen I did not notice anything. Many years I learned to listen and to listen even repeat cassette 20 more times begins to perceive. Some walkman output amplifier weak and strong. Example I hear better walkman dd than walkman wm20. Wm20 so low little bass. And also walkman after worst 90s bass and weak mega bass. There is a dd33 walkman so high power. Walkman DD9 is medium-heeled and depends on high quality recorded cassette. I have walkman wm 100 and others are volume low only Collector. And also DD. Vi Internet Sony Vintage Walkman Speech. I noticed output amplifier + -watt 4.5 to 30. Vi seems to loud all is walkman wm D6C output 30w. I did not hear this because I do not have it. Rare deaf people like music. That's why I was little I remember my life from music. Thank you

Ball000 likes this.
  7. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello. Bronco. Thank you.

bronco likes this.
  8. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello. Helaba. Thank you

9. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hi. Boodokhan. Thank you comment. Yes it does remind life Walkman. It does not end.

10. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome Elisio.:)
    Thanks for sharing , the impact of tps-l2 was huge back then.
    Also Sony wm7, of the early walkmans ,has very good power output : 25 mw x 2 max - 20 mw x2 (10% harmonic distortion ,dc operation).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    ElisioClio likes this.
  11. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

A perfect introduction Elisio! Welcome to Stereo2Go.

It's an amazing story and one that I think we all can relate to when we see a nostalgic model we want. Your video reminds me of opening Christmas presents as a youth. Full of passion!

12. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

[CITA = "sotza, post: 9634, membro: 62"] Olá e bem-vindo Elisio.:)
    Obrigado por compartilhar, o impacto de tps-l2 foi enorme naquela época.
    Além disso, uma Sony wm7, dois primeiros walkmans, tem muito boa potência: 25 mw x 2 max - 20 mw x2 (distorção harmônica de 10%, operação dc). [/ QUOTE]

Olá. Prazer. SOTZA: Sim Walkman wm-7 primeiro auto-reverso. Nunca. Eu tenho que comprar devagar. Eu tenho tempo para comprar cada um .... você tem um bom preço. Naturalmente, o ano 80 de WALKMAN era mais poderoso. É baixa potência normal porque faz ouvidos ruínas. Mas não, eu ouço pouco, não há problema.

13. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

[QUOTE = "Brutus442, post: 9641, membro: 82"] Uma introdução perfeita Elisio! Bem-vindo ao Stereo2Go.

É uma história incrível e que penso que todos podemos nos relacionar quando vemos um modelo nostálgico que queremos. Seu video me faz lembrar de abrir presentes de Natal como um jovem. Cheio de paixão! [/ QUOTE]

BRUTUS442 Great. Remember present Walkman TPS L2, it was big but no, loud sound good little bass. They said noise has no Dolby. It does not matter, sounds natural and natural. Thank you. Pleasure.

Brutus442 likes this.
  14. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, Elisio! :wavey:

15. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

[QUOTE = "Mystic Traveler, post: 9657, membro: 43"] Bem-vindo ao S2G, Elisio! : Wavey:[/CITAR]

Thank Mystic Traveler

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  16. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Beautiful story and so glad you got what you wanted after all those years. Welcome to the forums mate.

17. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Olá T-ster, sim. obrigado. Claro que agora é fácil encontrar o site. Na verdade, compro mais Alemanha do que Portugal. O anúncio classificado em Portugal tem um avanço na moda depois de 90, há poucos. A Alemanha tem vários bons Walkman e muitos Walkman DD. Tenho um grupo Walkman DD quase completo. Falta 2 de Walkman DD22 e Walkman DD-100 Boodo Kahn. É difícil comprar Boodo Kahn, é caro. obrigado.

18. Michael

Michael New Member

Thanks for sharing Elisio. I used to enjoy music much more on my Walkman, but over the years, I have developed tinnitus which 24/7, I have this constant buzzing sound in both my ears. In the beginning, I was simply frustrated and disappointed, as I could not find any cure for it. Over time, I learned to live with the new sound in my head, and now, it is just an additional background noise to accept while I am listening to my favourite music. While I can never get the perfect music I hoped to hear, I count my blessings that I had been able to listen to good music in my younger days in the 80s, so now am thankful that I can still catch up on my favourite tunes.
    Life is short, lets make the most of it in whatever circumstances we are in, and of course, don't forget to count our blessings along the way!

Michael

19. ElisioClio

ElisioClio Member

Hello Michael. Thank you Message. Do not say short term.
    Yes, cheerful and let it live.
    You listen good to your favorite music with walkman top range and relax.

20. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Welcome Elisio from lovely Portugal. Great story and even greater passion! This is the right place to share both :)