1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Stereo2Go!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Timecop1987, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Timecop1987

Timecop1987 New Member

Hello everybody!

This is Timecop1987 - 30yr old male from Germany.

I just came across this site - and felt remembered to some good times back on the old/original site.

I used to collect boomboxes until 10 years ago. The fun ended when prices skyrocket and me still being a student with small pockets.

Since then times changed..i sold nearly my entire collection and just kept my beloved Sharp GF-999, a Intersound Super Jumbo, Telefunken Hifi Studio 1M and a Rising 20/20-AKA (Stereosonic) -

weeks ago i cranked the 999 and started looking around the internet for an update on "Are there still boomboxes for sale" and "What kind of price are they asking these days".

The results had me in shock (lots of boomboxes, but prices above and beyond) - but as i saw all the boxes i used to own and some of my all time holy grails, a kind of nostalgia hit me!

And after finding (and of course buying) a GF-777 for a reasonable price i decided to get back in the game and hunt my personal grails (again). These days i have more money to spend on boomboxes, but I focus on boomboxes that need some love/work to do and will cost less. So im looking forward for all the DIY-knowledge on this site!

I will post some pics of my current boxes asap.

Kind regards,

Timecop1987

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Warm Welcome Timecop1987..... nice story ....

3. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome Timecop1987! I think boxes that need some love/work are longlasting enjoyed/beloved!

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Welcome! I like the cheap ones to restore too :)

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum Timecop1987.
    Please share some pictures of pre and post repair of your stuffs once you complete a project

6. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G and back on the old track, mate! :wavey:

7. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Yup, did like the story too.. :)

8. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Hi
    I have not really taken to time to explain my youtube " Cassette2go " video's by their titles, but the title that just have the ( Brand & Model number ) in the title and are about 10 minutes or longer are my video's where I show, How I resurrect these old models. and I still have many more to repair and video myself doing just this so hopefully most people can fix their own boombox.

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  9. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Welcome to the site mate. You're right prices have spiralled, like you i always look out for ones i can get reasonably and fix up, its very satisfying.

Lets see some shots mate

Cassette2go likes this.
  10. Cassette2go

all you gotta do is ask, though it helps me to be specific in your asking & unlike in the past once I am started in a project I can Not be changing the channel to jump over to the next radio while I still have one in progress.

11. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

umm i was welcoming Timecop and asking to see some shots of his boomers.....

Cassette2go likes this.
  12. Cassette2go

it's ok - am not trying to reply to everything. I just need to figure out how to post what to where.