1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i shut my ebay account down

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Radio Raheem, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

im just sick of the junk sold on ebay, the latest is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182512371920?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

sold as fully working, tape deck b has no sound and 5 mins after plugging her in the psu seems dead, seems to fire up on batts though.

well im just sick of it the guy has over 2k positive feedback, how the hell can this be done when selling junk like this... i really am tempted to shut my account down just fucked off with the hole thing lads, end of rant cheers

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you.. This problem happens to me almost every week (or at least once a week).
    I ordered 10 brand new sealed cassettes and when i received it the seals were gone/ broken and the seller blamed the post office!. Another example, received a broken walkman which supposed to be in full working condition.
    Unfortunately we do not have alternative options. There are few other local alternatives like craigslist but these sites cannot offer much.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  3. Radio Raheem

Cheers boodoo...it gets worse all the belts have come off deck 2 so thats prolly another out for the rubbish...i really can't be bothered with this shiat anymore

sorry for being on such a downer guys but i just don't have you're skill, long live the m90 haha

4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Have you tried complaining to the seller?

My Ebay feedback isn't that high yet I guard it, and have been quick to offer people a reduction if they complain.
    As a result the only negative feedback I have received was someone whinging about the postage cost despite
    it being clearly stated in the auction.

People have given me refunds too, to the point where I got a 100% refund and got to keep a JVC videosphere which got damaged in transit. Despite being badly packed the seller was very much on my side and put all the blame on Parcelforce and demanded compensation from them.

Here is an example of a seller doing the right thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare...143182?hash=item3ae1210e8e:g:49IAAOSw53NY-hSt

A think we have to remember that most of this equipment is over thirty years old so things like belts coming off are to be expected.

Thirty five years ago the belts kept falling off the floppy drives on our almost new £Multi thousand PDP11 computer at work.
    On our £20000 Loral 1553 test set the tape cartridge drive would occasionally miss the end of tape hole and wind the tape off the reel
    As the apprentice I was the one who had to fix all these things. Youngsters with their USB sticks have no idea what things used to be like.

Hope you manage to sort things out with the QT90 seller.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this mate

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Radio Raheem

Hes offered me £15 back longman so this will cost me £75 in all my friend not sure what to do....he has also offered me a full refund if i send it back but i can't im skint as usual, such is life

7. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Yes, the postage is always the problem. There is no way of getting that back after the item has gone somewhere and come back. A lose situation for both you and the seller.

8. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I dont understand this at all. If an item is not as described it is the sellers responsibility to pay returm postage so ask for a returns label. There is never any need to accept faulty goods, that is the point of ebay buyer protection.

I have over 1000 feedback with no negs as i rectify any issue immeadiately, i think most sellers want to protect their account.

Tell the seller 15 isnt good enough and you would like a returns label and full refund or you will open a case with ebay who will rule in your favour anyway and make him do it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

On another note, if your skint stop buying radios, thats that problem solved....

Deliverance likes this.
  10. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

. Ain't that the truth. :biggrin: