1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to record on a mini disk

Discussion in 'Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players' started by Boodokhan, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

recently i received some mini disks and am trying to record some music to listen with my new mini disk walkamns.

- The companion CD/ driver doesn't work with new operating systems. I tried by connecting the mini disk to computer with mini usb connection but it doesn't work well or sometimes doesn't work at all

- The solution i found was to connect mini disk to blue ray player or cd player using optical cable but this is also not a convenient way to record individual songs from different CDs to one mini disk (making selection)

- Is there any software compatible with new OS (MAC/ Windows) that can record mini disk?

Thanks

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

3. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

4. Boodokhan

I am going to try symphonic and hope to find it compatible with newer versions of Mac OS or windows.
    Thank you

5. Boodokhan

Thank you very much for your recommendation.
    I have been thinking of buying a player that comes witha CD and MD in one device like the one you recommend.
    These models are in my list for now:
    Sharp SD-SG11, sharp SD-NX20
    But the problem with these type of players is you can not make a selection. You can copy one CD to MD. Or atleast it is not convenient to choose individual songs from multiple CDs to one MD. I guess this was one reason MD didnt survive long.

Thanks again