1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

indian picture-vinyl

Discussion in 'Music: Albums, cassettes, new releases...' started by autoreverser, Dec 3, 2017.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

it was a cold and misty day today, so i had a good reason to browse my record-shelves -

- found this 1986 picture-disc, wich i bought in a thrift-shop nearby Chennay main railway-station in India.

to be honest: i'm too scared to listen to it, but it's pretty nice.
    looking at it i thik it's time to get me a new shirt and set of glasses maybe (...not to talk about a decent moustache...)

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Love it, that is such a cool piece.

3. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Weird and cool at the same time...

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I like this for many different reasons! Is the Thorens able to handle the wonderfulness of this recording? I'd probably throw it on a Technics first just to make sure the tone-arm doesn't vibrate into blissfulness...

5. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

...the recording is horrible, the music as well - i played it only once when i got it and i don't think i will play it ever again - it's just a lovely record and a nice reminder of some great weeks with good old dr.prakash (old page: DocP) in Chennai and Visakhapatnam, India 2006

6. Mister X

When you put that on your just another level closer to really cool to anybody in the room. My picture discs are limited but I know I have a Scorpions, scorpion, disc somewhere. Once I start building out my music room it will be on full display!

7. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

The first photo of Side 1: he must have Photoshop-ped it to look like King Kong and The Beauty, he is sooo dark and powerful!
    I should find an album of my two favorites, Klaus Schulze and Lisa Gerrard, they photoshopped KS head onto the photo (maybe to get rid of cigarette?) and the end result is just Weird!

8. Mister X

I didn't look that close but your right Jorge, her hand is bigger than his!