1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing my Hitachi TRK-9100H

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by 2channelhero, Jan 30, 2017.

1. 2channelhero

2channelhero Active Member

image.jpeg I just got my first Hitachi boombox for a great deal. I had to replace the cassette deck belt and clean it up a bit. It turned out to be a great looking boombox and heavy, too! This thing weighs more than my Panasonic 5085, or my Aiwa CS 800U! Solid as a rock! The sound, on the other hand is a bit meh, but great construction and the tape mechanism has a heavy steel flywheel for smooth, clean playback. image.jpeg image.jpeg Wireless speaker connections on the side image.jpeg compartment in back of speaker boxes contain the wires for when separating speakers image.jpeg AM, FM, SW1 and SW2 bands, 3 band EQ, and Dolby noise reduction! image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Ingenious compartment for the speaker cables. I wish all 3 piece models had this. Very nice Hitachi!

samovar likes this.
  3. Jvc floyd

Jvc floyd Member

Always like this Boombox and always wanted one .if the sounds not up to par I would just suggest putting better speakers in it I think it that deserves the best because it probably has enough power easily to do the job, love it.

2channelhero likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I think i have a farked one of these in the loft, all works apart from deck, i might have another go at repairing it.

Yours looks real nice, mine is a darker and more sombre colour. Good score man.

2channelhero likes this.
  5. 2channelhero

I did just that! The original speakers had no give to them whatsoever. No wonder there was no bass! I found some others I had out of an old basket case and these were black and had plenty of throw. Low and behold, we have bass! Sounds so much better now. Now for some better tweeters! image.jpeg Looks better, too!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. 2channelhero

Yes, I have seen photos of the grey ones. I do prefer the platinum colour much better. I also saw a photo of one that had a digital numerical display for an auto music search. Must have been a Japanese model. Also seems to have a Mic input with mic mixing slider. image.jpeg image.png

7. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Not a bad box changing the speakers can only improve it .

8. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

very original --and elegant-- three piecer, never seen one before

9. Patron

Patron Active Member

Love those LEDs,

10. sickly_b

sickly_b Active Member

I have one of these and really love it - useful with a DIN to mini jack Line in - plus, the flat top means you can stand another boombox on top - I have a Sanyo M7740k which looks very sweet on top!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

I like these Hitachi's a lot............as I have said before though, they struggle to deliver & I'm talking before the 3D's came along - This was a common trait with so many Hitachi stereo's!!

They are so reliable & like the Sharp models the electronics rarely go wrong leaving a simple belt repair to bring back to life................

After my recent Uher speaker transplant, it really can make a huge difference - the Uher speakers were not at all worn, they were just not very good :shock

With these 3 piece stereo's replacing the speaker drivers is child's play I had to make up templates for the bass driver as they had a tiny difference in the cone circumference meaning there was no tight seal between the cone & the front of the speaker box!!

The difference now is like your Hitachi - big improvement & as the replacements were co-axial units I was able to disable the nasty tweeter units & let the new Panasonic tweeters do their stuff resulting in a nice subtle treble instead of a splashy nasty sound the originals made :wink: :wink: :wink:

Uher Power Port 2 Speaker Transplant - January 2017 (3).jpg Uher Power Port 2 Speaker Transplant - January 2017 (6).jpg 20170204_192048.jpg

2channelhero likes this.
  12. sickly_b

sickly_b Active Member

also have the trk-8080 which i'm very fond of and i really like the sound

nickeccles likes this.
  13. nickeccles

Got An 8080 too - needs a easy repair, just need to find the time.........these come apart so easily great design

14. 2channelhero

I bet those coaxials sound sweet! How do u fill the gaps around the speakers?

nickeccles likes this.
  15. nickeccles

Used some cork tile which was similar to the original seals! Sound is very nice now :wink: