1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC KD-2, The ultimate portable cassette player?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Mister X, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Just found this one while surfing, it looks really cool but there's very little information on it. There is a YouTube Video but other than that I can't find anything. It looks like its the same family as the CD 1639 deck I posted above. I love the look of these units and need to find some more!

KD-2.jpg

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful unit. I have seen it years ago. You should take a look at the MArantz PMD430, which is similar to this one:

Marantz Deck PMD-430 10.JPG

Boodokhan likes this.
  3. A O

A O Active Member

I had one a few years ago. It's quite large compared to the Sony and Marantz units. Also, it's very delicate and plasticky very unlike the Sony and the Marantz. As Hugo says, the PMD430 is a much better budget option but if you can stretch, get the awsome Sony D5.

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I have a Sony TC-D5 in for repair with Sergi at the moment, it was such a beautifully made unit i thought it deserved a pro repair. Keep an eye out as they are lovely things.

5. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Yes, the Marantz sounds very well and, yes, the D5 sounds a bit better. And looks much better IMHO.

6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've got a PMD-420 and a D6 but I'm keeping an eye out for a D5. I've got the bigger brother to this little JVC and the thing is built like a tank, I thought this would have been the same, I'm surprised it's more lightweight.