1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC PC-R11C Stereo Compo System - April 2017

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, Apr 19, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

This one was effectively a 'Freebie' due to some investments made in the past :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I would not usually pay what I 'best offered' on it let alone the original asking price........

In fact I wouldn't have looked twice at it had it not looked like it was in exceptional condition & 'fully working' as stated in the listing :lollegs:

Anyway I bought it & wondered what I would actually get........

She arrived today & was packed unbelievably well as you will see!!

This is the first stereo I received that needed no more than a light dry dust down - It's in time warp condition & absolutely complete :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A quick un needed head & roller clean followed by a quick dust to remove the polystyrene bits & it was ready to play with!!

These are well known in the boomer world & need no introduction - Once again I am feeling very lucky to find one in minty condition that works perfectly :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

These do need a good source to sound their best - a BASF cassette recorded on the Technics with a demanding track does the trick....................this machine laps it up with tight bass & sweet treble holding the track together nicely - If only youtube video's gave a better representation of what I hear this end..............

I think I have been converted to include compo's in my world now, I have too many not to be a convert!! :lollegs: :lollegs: :lollegs:

Here she is, the condition is simply staggering - the images don't do it justice :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg

2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Using mine now Nick what a monster lad, you need to change those shiat speakers lad like i have done but also i need to add some tweeters, congrats on a great score buddy:thumbsup:

nickeccles likes this.
  3. nickeccles

What speakers do I need for it?

4. Radio Raheem

I put some sony in lad, they were in a pc55 but sound much better in the pc 11, i'll try find you some on ebay mate but then you will need to install some tweeters which i ain't got around to yet

5. nickeccles

I got tweeters lad will send you a pair!!

Call you after dinner lad

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Radio Raheem

sending link to pm lad

7. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Nice JVC result .

8. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

My hobby pal recently scored the same PC system, gave it a resto,
    yeah, surrounds were very stiff,
    he used a mixture of glycerine and brake fluid to soften them,
    results are encouraging but he came to the right proportion of components in this mixture
    after several runs on different speaker surrounds.

Here you can see pics of his Victor PC-11 and the resto process.

http://www.shizaudio.ru/Boombox/375...x-8-blochnyi-transformer-pc-r11-pc-d11-pc-b11

nickeccles, bronco and Radio Raheem like this.