1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC RC-M60W

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Ω SK-95, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

So, I finally got myself a one-piece JVC boombox, and the first one is a fully working RC-M60W.

This one is not quite like the few others that I've got. This one has been in the War! This one has got scars. This one has clearly been in the job sites keeping company to some hard working boys. I got it for $60 CAD from Winnipeg with shipping included. Not bad, but it had problems! Tape was not working, and only the tweeters were working. It was awful!

Anyway, Konstantin brought this one back to life as well. Good sound and ready to be taken outdoors again. It's no longer on the reserves, it's ready for war again!

Here are some picks:

IMG_4231 (1).JPG IMG_4232.JPG IMG_4234.JPG IMG_4235.JPG IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4237.JPG IMG_4239.JPG IMG_4241.JPG

Brutus442, Jorge and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

That is beautiful I love these silver JVC's from this era, absolute quality & built to last! I want one of these now after seeing yours! :wink:

3. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

That's an interesting-looking portable stereo that you have there, Omega SK-95 (or is it just "SK-95"?:biggrin:). And nicely revived by Konstantin, too. It has the same number of shortwave bands (three) that the RC-M50JW comes with, but this JVC model has a more refined, façade-located, low-profile cassette-deck control pad. I probably would prefer non-slider VOLUME control in the form of a knob. But, hey, that thin-squared, non-lookalike EJECT paddle adds a spark of compensation.

Uh ... who is this Konstantin? Does he, like you, live in Barrie or elsewhere in Canada? Can he revive and revitalize my RC-M50JW? Its tape deck plays and records to audiocassettes too slowly. Do I contact Konstantin here on Stereo2Go? How much will the repair effort cost me -- besides probably having to ship the sizeable stereo to Konstantin and having to have it shipped back when he is done with it?

Ω SK-95 and Jorge like this.
  4. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Nice box .

5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I concur!... ;-)
    Would be nice, real awesome, to have a "sticky" thread with names of S2G members who can fix things. Changing old gooey rubber belts is one thing, actually reviving and calibrating cassette spinners takes much more investment and efforts, I've learned my lesson while sweating over my Nak Decks ;-(

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  6. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hi Easthelp! Thanks for the kind comments. Konstantin has an electronics repair shop in Toronto. He is very easy to deal with. He's got tremendous experience with boomboxes and all 80's electronics. He's repaired a great number of boomboxes for me. He's a 9 out of 10 kind'a'guy. Good enough for me. Look, he's pretty fast with stuff, so if you're ever this way, if you give him the heads up, he'll fix it on the spot. Give him 2-3 hours and he's very likely to repair it for you. Being from Florida though, you should have no problem in finding a Canadian snow-bird that would help you out. Let me know if I can assist you in any way possible. Cheers! Tony

7. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

I do agree with you Jorge! I'm not sure that Konstantin is a member here at S2G, but he's been on our site and I've told him to join!

8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Wow, I just saw that SK-95 was checking in today!

Ω SK-95 likes this.