1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in stock!! ALL NEW BESPOKE DD CASES BEING MADE

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by doublecee, Dec 19, 2016.

?

Black Leather or Tan and other cosmetic options, choose 1 of each:

1. Black Leather

35 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Tan Leather

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. DD Embossed

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  4. No Emboss

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Leather Strap

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  6. No Strap

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Open Window

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. Clear Window

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  9. Not fussed on window type

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

What is a wife? I have never had one, girlfriends yes but wife never or not yet :)

kitchen10 and samovar like this.
  2. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Rule n.1: a wife is not a woofer. The main difference being that you can only refoam the latter ;)

Radio Raheem and Cassette2go like this.
  3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Soon I am going to have to get out all of my walkmans and start repairing them as I have moved recently ( October 2016 ) all of my walkmans are still packed and here is One box I have found recently and I know I have a few DD Sony walkmans - I just don't remember which one's and a boodo khan-is that one?
    p.s. I have found more box's of walkmans I just have not taken pictures of those.
    Lastly I do remember having one dirty silver color dd case I think. IMG_4890 Cassette walkman.JPG IMG_4891 Missing walkmans.JPG

kitchen10 likes this.
  4. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Very happy to find boxes like this......

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Finally the leather DD case has arrived, here's my impression:

New Leather case for DD 11.jpg

This is a great day. We, the walkman fan community should be proud that one member of our community, @doublecee , has created a brand new case for DD walkmans with authentic leather. You read well: true leather, not plastic.

New Leather case for DD 06.jpg
    This is a big moment for the walkman community. Apart from belts, this is the first release of a new product since the 80s. And its quality is even better than back then.​
    DD walkmans are considered to be the best sounding ones out there. And I agree with that. I'm taking mines outside often to use in the street or while I'm travelling in train. All them came with a 'leather looking' case that is fine... but it's made of plastic. And all them are deteriorated or broken.

New Leather case for DD 05.jpg

The case is excellent. You know what? I had a feeling that hadn't since many years ago: to open a new product from the 80s. I cannot describe it, but it was like going back in time to the 80s and open it. Really.

The quality is excellent, I love it. The smell is so good, and that makes a BIG difference. I'm sure you know that nice smell of good leather, like when you enter a luxury car. That's it. It looks like a very high quality product.

New Leather case for DD 07.jpg

At first glance it looked a bit tight to put the walkman inside, but I guess with use it will fit more easily. The only (relative) drawback I found is that the hole for the charger seems to not fit perfectly, but that seems a simple question of movement of the walkman inside the case rather than a design issue. There is (vertically) more space into this case than in the original one.

New Leather case for DD 08.jpg

New Leather case for DD 09.jpg

New Leather case for DD 10.jpg

Not only Doublecee made the leather case, but also clones of that legendary sticker that came with every SONY product. The stickers are very well done. The font is almost perfect and the color is spot on. In fact, the the contours are better printed on the new one than on the original!

New Its a SONY stickers 02.jpg
    The original sticker, cloned!
    New Its a SONY stickers 03.jpg
    As you can see, the clone is not just as good, but even better than the original!​
    More info at Analogue october webpage or contact directly to @doublecee .
    Thanks Doublecee!!

New Leather case for DD 12.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  6. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

Fabulous review, Hugo! Gorgeous photos of gorgeous Walkmans, as ever :wink2

Case is lookin' good, @doublecee! :thumbsup:

Henry

walkman archive and Cassette2go like this.
  7. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Thanks all

So there are 90 cases available. 10 of which are not embossed and a few of those have been put aside on request. I'll be setting up for orders over the weekend.

and please do remember, the profits from these are going to the mental health charity MIND

Thanks for the write up Hugo.... great pics!

eddhead, kitchen10 and Ball000 like this.
  8. mihokm

mihokm Active Member

Hi All.

I also received new leather cases from @doublecee . I must say they are EXCELLENT. I wanted to make some photos but Hugo was faster.

When I get something new, the first thing I do is that I check details. The quality is astonishing. Every detail is perfect. Metal rivets are covered by another internal layer, I do not need to worry that walkman will be scratched inside the case. Walkman is very easy to insert and remove now, after few first hours of use. Genuine leather quality is also very good.
    Also, it was professionally packed.

As Hugo mentioned, the original cases were made of plastic. I will add - also build quality of @doublecee is much better.

My wife doesn't like walkmans. But in new case, she said 'Wow..'.

Thank you so much @doublecee . With your case, new center gear, good service, headphone amp modification (that I mentioned in another thread) and quality headphones, nothing can beat these DD models.

Marian

kitchen10 likes this.
  9. Chris

Chris Active Member

That's really kind of you to do that!

+100 respect

Bad Droid likes this.
  10. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

well lets just say that going full analogue has been my crutch. But there many thousands out there without a crutch to lean on. Every little bit helps

kitchen10 likes this.
  11. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Hi
    I have a large collection of Sony walkman including DD DD11 DD111 and DC6 . I would like to buy one of the cases which have been mad as well as the new sony stickers .I am so impressed with what Doublcee has achieved .Can you tell me how I can buy these

kitchen10 likes this.
  12. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Hi Phil, I will be posting details soon

Just need to get the logistics sorted.

13. Philip Taylor

Hi
    Thanks for replying and letting me know the position I wish you well with the logistics and good luck for your new venture in October !!!

14. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

15. Philip Taylor

Thank you for letting me know that the new cases and stickers are available to purchase. i have immediately ordered one of each and cannot wait to see them .Thanks again for all you effort Philip Taylor

16. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Thanks. Yours and toocool's orders will ship out tomorrow.

17. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I've taken my DD30 in red into the new case and it looks cool!
    I'm about to take it out again now:

[​IMG]

kitchen10 likes this.
  18. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Just got mine now at work, attached is a bad pic.
    I like it very much snug fit, should stretch with use. I will more than likely make a couple of modification to it. Since i don't use the shoulder strap i will remove the handles on the case plus i will make the belt loop smaller, it's a bit too big and the walkman will move around too much.
    New Case.jpg

19. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Excellent. Glad you like it and that it arrived super fast!

20. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Its great to see both the cases and the stickers being received so well.
    Im hoping those that have their cases already in hand are enjoying their DD experience more as a result.

From my own perspective, I finally ditched all the nasty cases that were shipped with the DD cases. Tatty, old in an a couple of cases, sticky!

There is something about seeing a decent DD unit is a nice case, that looks factory fresh. Like Hugo said, its as close to time travel as you can get.

There are plenty of the embossed versions left, but I only did a limited run on the non embossed.. with only a handful left. So if your thinking about getting one, act fast....

once I have sold 50% of the stock, I hope to get the new DD9 case and TPS-L2 / WM-3 cases started.

The DD9 will be a variation on the original, with the same wrap around system, but with a clear window for ease of access to the controls and tape window. Something that always bugged me about the original case.

The TPS-L2 / WM-3 case will be more like the original, but will work in such a way as to relieve the pressure on the casing from applying pressure on the popper studs.

Finally, please do send pictures of your new case in action, out and about as intended, as well as before and after pics of your walkman with the new stickers applied. Its always pleasing to see them in use.

kitchen10 likes this.