1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Market tour ala T-ster

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by T-ster, Jul 2, 2017.

1. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Hey all, so inspired by Deech i thought i would share what i saw at the bootsale this morning. It was mostly crap to be fair but there were some eggs, the rest was mostly junk.....

index.jpg

images.jpg

1280px-A_load_of_old_junk_or_hidden_treasures-_Encants_market_in_Barcelona.jpg

Just kidding, this is the first and only tour i promise. In all seriousness i did find a box for once, a RX-F32LE. I haven't bought a bootsale box in a while as they have all been fairly low end, this however is a quirky mini. Much smaller than i thought when i saw Nicks one and much heavier than it appears.

Mine has no power to deck whatsoever so i am hoping Nick will weigh in with some pointers here. I'm thinking it may be the motor as there is nothing.

20170702_104002_resized_1.jpg 20170702_104006_resized_1.jpg 20170702_104011_resized_1.jpg 20170702_104015_resized_1.jpg

Simon, deech and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Oh, you got the grey version, right? It's the one color that I am still missing (do you remember my colorful tower from the old site?) :) Hope your box is not beyond repair, as this unit has a wonderful sound for its size.

3. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

matey, congrats to that beautyful PAN !

i must admit when i saw the third picture (market in total) i first thought you were seriously endangered, because on the first view it looks like something very bad happened there :cool:

4. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Nice catch, congrats, mate! :)

5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Awesome find! I have two of these...one on my main desk at work. Pretty good for the size, I like them. Congrats

6. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Motor failure is common with these.......they develop a 'Dead spot' where it doesn't want to start turning - Check for 12VDC at the motor terminals & change it anyway for any 12 volt clockwise (looking down on motor shaft) with electronic speed servo board & adjustment hole!! They are all very similar so scrap box time :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Deck comes out real easy & belt change is fairly easy - It may just be knackered belts as the whole mechanism relies on a good motor & all belts! Wonderful build quality & a delight to repair :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Simon and Mystic Traveller like this.
  7. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Such a great find this one.
    Well done Tre . Happy for you :wink2

nickeccles likes this.
  8. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

These are micky mouse lol but if only the sony f40 was as light as one of these, i nearly get a hernia just lifting the f40, congrats tho Tstar

9. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Nice Panny

10. Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920 New Member

Great find and certainly worth the save.

You do some great deck repairs Nick! Always enjoy your work. Magic hands