1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro-cassette Boomboxes

Discussion in 'Portable Stereos of Today & Tomorrow' started by Gibraltar, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Gibraltar

Gibraltar New Member

I was browsing Yahoo today and found this guy that's selling a bunch of NOS micro-cassette boomboxes. Thought you guys might like these :)

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/sherrys_r5?ei=UTF-8&sid=sherrys_r5&auccat=23764

Highlights include:

A Sanyo with a removable micro cassette recorder:
    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w207733152

Aiwa and Sanyo dual deck with one normal and one micro-cassette!
    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f245037853
    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w207733748

I had no idea micro-cassette was ever used for something other than voice recording. Seems at one point people thought it might replace compact cassettes! The green sticker on the front of the Aiwa translates to "Double Cassette for a New Era"

2. Mister X

Mister X Active Member

I was just checking out the bay for those, nothing listed (as usual), they have a lot of good stuff over there on Yahoo.jp, I might have to try a transaction one of these days.

3. Gibraltar

Gibraltar New Member

I think this seller is bidding up the prices himself though... These are going for crazy money, all with the same ID coming in second place...

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Wo, i’ve never seen such boxes like these :shock
    I bet @Techmoan will like them...

5. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

i once gave a micro-cassette stereo boombox from MINERVA to AO while he was still in austria. i know he used to have one from SANYO and a friend of mine got one from JVC.
    i also had a microcassette mono boomer from GRUNDIG, in fact it was the same as the MINERVA, just mono (one speaker). this one went ages ago to good old JOE COOL from canada (...anybody remembers hm ? i've got the feeling he's kicked the bucket in the meantime, as i used to have regular contact, know he was quite sick and all contacts stopped from one day to another and all his email-adresses disappeared :shrug:. well, if you're on the other side: say hi to LIT & JE !

right now awaiting a FISHER microcassette boombox with detachable player - what can i say: can't wait !

6. autoreverser

ha !

arrived today:

IMG_3783.JPG IMG_3784.JPG IMG_3786.JPG

gosh, where's all my bloody micro-cassettes...

...almost (only almost !) beats my fav. UNISEF ;-)

Risingsunproject likes this.
  7. Gibraltar

Gibraltar New Member

That Fischer looks exactly like the Sanyo on Yahoo! Must have been contacted from the same manufacturer.

Also that's an awesome table for displaying your walkmans!

8. autoreverser

thx, Gib :thumbsup:

9. Mister X

Mister X Active Member

Yes, Fisher Microcassette Love! I got mine a few months ago, it's a very awesome package. Fisher USA was mostly known for junk all-in-one systems during the 80's, although in the 50's-60's they had some killer tube gear. The boomboxes were totally different, fairly high-end and they weren't afraid to be on the front lines with the technology that was hoping to overtake regular cassettes.