1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More PC-5 Fun!!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by nickeccles, Sep 27, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

This was recorded on this machine via bluetooth module direct to line in & it shows there's life in the cassette format yet [​IMG]

Slight sibilance on the video due to my Samsung S7 Edge & it's audio limiter - there is no such sound in reality.........

Bargain of the year so far & a cassette deck worthy of HiFi status [​IMG] Love it!! [​IMG]

A fine Irish folk/pop tune playing away!!

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Damn that cassette seems to run very nicely, no discernible w&f, was the deck easy to rebelt? I always liked the look of these by 3 piecers are often such hellars to work on.

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

PC-5/PC-7 share the same deck model, a very good one IMO. :)

4. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous Nick! As usual your vids are almost broadcast quality..I dread the day when I have to rebelt my PC-55 and 550. These JVC three piecers have all lot of components jammed into a tight space. Not a good recipe for my fat fingers.

Nick does the 5 use the same "High Ceramic" speakers as in the 55?

Radio Raheem and samovar like this.
  5. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

wonderful restoration as usual and great video! go ahead Nick don't stop surprising us tinkerers-to-be :)

Brutus442 likes this.
  6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Excellent work as usual. I wish you were my neighbor :wink: ( have several boomboxes with minor to major issues).
    I love the song you selected to play in your boombox

Radio Raheem and Brutus442 like this.
  7. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

These decks are easy to work on, but you have to strip the mechanism right out to do it!! You just need the confidence & plenty of images taken during the strip down.......I took plenty for the repair thread on mine & tbh this was so easy for me!! 2 belts to replace 1 flat 1 square!! So well built that nothing else needed for tape deck, electronic rec/play switching so no dirty bar switch the speakers are Jbl 4 inch 2 way co-axial jobs, kept the original single drivers - need refoaming but am not in any rush - Jbl's sound ace!!
    Thanks guys for the replies

Radio Raheem, Brutus442 and Boodokhan like this.
  8. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Radio Raheem swears swapping out the speakers for a better set completely changes these PC boxes. You just confirmed how a JVC can do with a JBL swap!

Radio Raheem likes this.
  9. davebush

davebush Active Member

Nice unit...i have one that need belts and speaker surrounds so i have never heard it playing properly yet.....ahhh.......one day