Motor ...Engine m1606-00A

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Silver965, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for this engine because what I have to a worn bearing ... it works but the engine axle is not straight ... It is mounted on several mechanics of the JVC KD2020 ... KD3030.... KD75... KD85.... KD95... KDA77... KDA7... KDA8... lately I have discovered that it also mounts on saba decks ... CD360... cd362.. I still don't rule out other models. If someone at an old parts deck is available to purchase this engine at a fair price... Thanks for watching

Attached Files:

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Silver965 likes this.
  3. Silver965

Thank you Mister X.... you see ... but it doesn't suit me at too high a cost..100$ more shipping out of USA .. ... I saw a couple of full SABA readers for half price...

Mister X likes this.
  4. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

crikey.. that looks like such a nominal part huh? $100 for a few cents worth is absurd. better to buy a small jewellers lathe and turn your own. £45 for a lathe capable of turning a bitta brass or sterl that size... im sure other S2G members would kiss the ground you walk upon if you led the way. i bet that item/issue isnt unusual.
    bushings ... axles... shims... all these small elements have bern generated by many trades that experience just this. workshop is a skill worth owning if youve never handled a lathe.
    you’ll never look back once you do.

Mister X likes this.
  5. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

you can get small bore steel tubes rhat would slide over that.. if you spend a bit of time ... well lit... good magnification you could correct that item. get it straight.. reset it in the worn bushing.. thatll spin on

Mister X likes this.
  6. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

heat the tube so it slides over.. cools tite... no heat stress on the winding wires insulation varnish that way.

7. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

correct the bushing for seat.. jobs a good un

8. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

its ... er... well within a watch fettlers skill set... nowt to fear there then

9. Silver965

Thank you for your suggestions...

I am an electronic ... I've never used a lathe... and be able to make such a small brass bushing mmmm.... I can try filling the hole with resin and redoing the hole with a drill bit .... I can wait I think I keep looking for the moment ...

edchocolate likes this.
  10. edchocolate

edchocolate Member

ur wellcome Silver965... encouragement is why we’re here isnt it?!!
    im a electronics engineer now for my sins too.. retrained when the music biz folded in on itself end of the 90’s beginning of the noughties.
    never been able to resist small troubles like yours that beg a solution tho! goid luck finding your way.
    all the very best
    ed

11. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

That motor is Matsushita (Panasonic) so is likely to be quite common. You would probably do best getting one from a spares deck. My suggestion would be to look at the decks that came with 1990s stack systems and connected to the main units through ribbon cables. They go for very low prices (less than £20) as they can't be used stand-alone, and were probably hardly used as most people bought the systems to play CDs.

12. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'm digging the getting a lathe part, those jeweler's lathes go for big money around here, especially the vintage models. I've got a tiny Craftsman (Sears) 109 but they aren't very accurate, they used to be cheap but like everything else everyone wants one now but the bang for your buck isn't there.

I don't think epoxy will work, it might bind with the metal shaft. It looks like there's wear on the shaft where it touches the bushing, I wonder if the shaft is the issue. Is there a way of getting a new shaft and remounting the coils and magnets?

13. Silver965

Today I was able to find this

Saba cd-262 cassette, registratore (pezzi di ricambio) | eBay
    or contacted the seller in germany who confirmed to me that and the same engine sending me a confirmation photo if all goes well I'll soon have the engine.. indeed 2 engines and related control for 15 € plus 10 shipping ... i'm very happy and over a month i do research...My little kd-A7 will come back to life

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  14. Silver965

Incredible .. Most likely the two manufacturers had a lot in common ... all the mechanics for sure

the jvc ... just one more electromagnet

Attached Files:

• Saba.jpg
      Saba.jpg
      File size:
      197.1 KB
      Views:
    • Jvc.jpg
      Jvc.jpg
      File size:
      217.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  15. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

They look so similar I wonder if they were made in the same factory. I wonder how many manufacturers actually made cassette mechanisms rather than buying them in. I have read that even Nakamichi used Sankyo mechanisms
    https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?p=553788

Silver965 likes this.