1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pioneer Wall of Fame plus Others

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ω SK-95, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

IMG_4068.JPG
    Above: Left: Centrex SK-7 - Right: Pioneer CK-05F
    Lower: Left: Pioneer SK-71 - Right: Pioneer SK-95f

IMG_4070.JPG
    Centrex SK-7 in Mint looking condition and fully working

IMG_4072.JPG
    Pioneer CK-05F bought it eBay from a fellow in the Canary Islands late 2015. They're still selling these, albeit modified with new speakers and new belts. It's in perfect working condition and nice sound. It is otherwise brand new!

IMG_4074.JPG
    Pioneer SK-71. My best find ever! A nearly perfect mint condition unit. Working in absolute perfection. This one will be show piece a couple of centuries from now on the Starship Enterprise 1701-D, maybe it'll be assimilated by the Borg! Damn!

IMG_4080.JPG
    Pioneer SK-95f. So here we are, I finally got my SK-95. This is my favorite of all time, because it was my first and did ever worked hard and saved like mad to get it. This is not the original... unfortunately, but after countless pursuits, e-mails, money transfers, learning Spanish (yes!), this was by far the most complicated and difficult purchase I've ever completed on-line. Bought it in an on-line auction in Argentina, and then they wouldn't ship it! Not overseas, they said! Luckily I happened to know someone who lives there, but even that was so difficult to deal with. I might yet attempt to post the better part of the story, that actually involves a second SK-95f, also bought in the same Argentinian on-line auction, and was actually bought first. The seller also wouldn't ship it overseas (!?). In any case, I ended up getting both in October 2016 in the same shipment The first had been bought back in May. Right, took me 6 months to get them over. The first one has been deemed good enough for parts only by the Tech, but I get the feeling that a highly motivated electronics technician may be able to bring it back to its glory days. The unit actually looks quite good esthetically. I will post some pictures.

IMG_4081.JPG JVC-PC-550C. I had lost my beautiful and original PC-55 (Silver) recently to a Tech in my town... he was not able to repair it. I can understand that part, it may not be an easy unit to work on, I get it, but at least give it back to me with all the screws and parts so that I may attempt to have some other Tech have ago at it. He lost countless screws and many parts, the bottom tray of the deck was lost! On top of it he inflicted a few deep and ugly scratches to an otherwise perfectly good working receiver. The only thing needed were the belts replaced. I had to scrap the unit! Here too now, I've got many excellent parts should anyone need them. Ebay, here we go with parts!

IMG_4089.JPG
    Everything is working well after my new tech repaired this beauty! And yes, I do recommend this Tech. He works out of his shop in Toronto, located at 2904 Dufferin Street. Call him at 416-419-4127. He repaired the SK-7, SK-71, SK-95f and this beautiful JVC PC-550C.

2. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Wow! these are gorgeous machines all of them :)

So envious :eek:

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  3. A O

A O Active Member

You sir have taste. Always liked those big SKs,

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  4. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Some very nice SK's :), sadly I don't have any large SK's in my collection just one small SK-202

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  5. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Great Stereos! :) Love PC-550.

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Beautiful, I am a fan of the Pioneers, they are unusual, high build quality and although i only have one it does perform very well. Yours are higher in the model line up and i bet they are truly awesome.

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  7. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

AO, you roasted the Duck!! Thank you sir for your compliments! :D

8. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

There is a fairly nice SK-71 on eBay (USA) right now and priced well, in my opinion! Good luck!

Just looked at it again! It's got 27 people watching it!! 27 very undecided Boombox Collectors!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262470519103

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  9. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Tony I know you and I hate these Pioneers so give to me and I'll chuck them out for you.....:devil:

Just and FYI, I've had the pleasure of seeing Tony's SK-71 in person and can confirm it's in EXTRA MINT condition!!!!
    I'm also glad the SK-95 came about as well Tony. I know how long you've waited for that beast.

I love my 95...my 71 on the other hand is currently in a million pieces as I sort out what's wrong with it. (It was in rough shape to begin with..no minty boxes were harmed during the creation of this post).

samovar and Ω SK-95 like this.
  10. VINYL79

VINYL79 New Member

NICE STUFF !

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  11. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Very nice you do have taste .

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  12. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hey Gentlemen, thank you all for you great comments!
    You'd better not have harmed any SK's during the production of this post, mid way through it I was looking for Greepeace's phone number... you know, SK's are on the endangered list of boomboxaurus!! But I'm glad you are in fact trying to save the 71. It must mean a lot to you, since waited so long for it from your neighbour. Oh, I need a couple more hints on how to hide a couple more boomboxes :glance:... one of them, a Marantz (yeah! Marantz!). Cheers buddy!

Brutus442 likes this.
  13. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

I know which one, another quality gem in your collection :)

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  14. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

I don't know Sal... I don't think you know this one... I have never seen this one anywhere before. It's a smaller boombox, but it's Marantz and it's just unusual! I'll Post it soon. Go ahead Sal, post a picture if you are willing to guess which one it is! Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  15. Patron

Patron Active Member

Congrats these are Pretty units !!!

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  16. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

You must wait until she's out, bring it in, sprinkle a little dust on it and convince her it's been here for years. I do that with my wife and now she thinks she's going crazy:devil: Muahahahahaha!

samovar, Radio Raheem and Ω SK-95 like this.
  17. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

All great boxes , did you steal brutus pioneers haha, just quality wright there:)

Brutus442 and Ω SK-95 like this.
  18. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

You are funny Brutus, and very smart too! Ok listen up everybody, this is indeed a great lesson!... "... sprinkle a little dust on it and convince her it's been there for years..." :glance: Hahahaha! :lollegs:!! Yes Master Sansei! Or rather... Mr. Sansui! Cheers!

Brutus442 likes this.
  19. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

just give her something with batteries in guys, she will be off like a shot paying no interest to you, just hope the batteries don't go flat to quickly:D

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  20. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hi Raheem, no I did not steal Brutus Pioneers! I wish I did though, it would have been a lot cheaper! ;) However, I gotta be careful now, Brutus might actually want these and he's a master of disguise and deception! :glance:
    I did get lucky indeed with the SK-71 for it's pretty brand-new looking. Very hard to detect any faults on it. As for the SK-95, you and everybody else would not want to know how costly it was to get it, not even I know for sure, because I refuse to add up all the costs. It was going to be perfect, until the Technician decided he couldn't be a just a tad more careful with the display window above the tape deck and inflicted a hair-line crack on it! With that one single cosmetic defect, the unit will not hold up any great value. Oh well!! I got the SK-95 from Argentina after an unimaginable ordeal and risk, and it also came at the cost of sacrificing a second SK-95 that also came from Argentina in the same shipment! The 2nd. SK-95 still looks very appealing (anyone of us would say it's a 7.5/10), but the Technician refuses to revive it, saying that he's used a few parts from it to recover the better one. In essence, I've also got an 2nd. SK-95 that I'd say could still very well be recovered, but it is at the very least, a wealth of fantastic premium parts. A highly motivated electronics technician would revive my second SK-95, (of that I have no doubt) before I decide to take it apart for parts. But here again, my technician also inflicted a hair-line crack on the very same display window... ?!?!?!?! Unreal!! :mad: :smileymad: :banghead: :dramaqueen::frustrated: :drinking: :knockout: