1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Quickest Restore To Date!!

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, May 12, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Been after one of these for a long time!!

Once again many Ebay sellers were either on the amphetamine, the weed or the other vice, namely 'The Tins' :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

With asking prices up to £100 BIN & even £50 £60 ball park, it has taken a while to find one that isn't battered to death & complete for a few quid!!

Many thanks to MyOhMy Christine who contacted me & helped me get this - I have had a very busy 10 days or so & there are stereo's arriving daily at the moment & she organised it all for me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This was a good one when plugged in!! - The motor ran non-stop because the auto stop bar was seized solid & was preventing the final part of the stop process!! Now these early-ish mechanisms rely on the flywheel to quickly disengage the play & record functions (No full auto stop back then!) So the flywheel was franticly trying to end the last used mode & there was a familiar sound with these decks - A really loud clattering noise that wouldn't stop unless power lead was out!!

That's how hard this stereo was to repair, clean dried grease & spray a tiny bit of new grease on all the bars & levers, the belt must have been done as it was pretty much new :wink: :wink: :wink:

Really good head & roller clean including the reel bases & single rubber tyre (All fine) followed by a motor speed test (fine) & a tiny azimuth tweak :biggrin:

All in all, less than 90 minutes from unboxing to video

Et Viola!! A lovely little bush...................& we all love a bit of that :lollegs: :lollegs: :lollegs:

Great little stereo :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (1).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (2).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (3).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (4).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (5).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (6).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (7).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (8).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (9).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (10).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (11).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (12).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (13).jpg Bush BR 5902B Radio Recorder - May 2017 (14).jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Very nice. Yet another box saved and working. Loving the videos :headphones::headphones::headphones:

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

You should have started your video with this

For those outside the UK (or too young to remember) The Rank Organisation were a huge company who as well as owning Bush who "made" this Boombox owned Film studios, Cinemas, Clubs, Motorway services, and flour milling factories.

nickeccles likes this.
  4. bronco

bronco Active Member

And built awesome Rank Arenas' :nodding:

5. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Hey Transistorized!!

Tripod here & I have been playing all day with my Samsung S7 Edge taking shots & more importantly, video's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

We need to seriously start a thread for posting high quality video's with a few basic requisites:

1080p or higher video quality & stereo sound mandatory :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As more of us get capable phones & those that own stereo hi-def camcorders, we can build an online archive of what our stereo's really sound like :reelspin: :reelspin:

I love the stability a tripod gives my phone camera, I need to experiment & learn how to get the best out of what is an astonishing recording device that the S7 is!!

Enjoyed myself today & will post later what I did in the 'Headphones Required' thread :wink:

Was thinking of contacting Admin, see if we can get a pinned or sticky thread somewhere on the forum..........You & I can get the ball rolling as we like posting the real time video's!!

Let me know your thoughts everyone that reads this..............

I use Youtube but all my boomer video's are also stored on my Microsoft OneDrive & are available in their full quality UHD video with stereo sound for any one to download (The files are large) but worth a look & are there forever whatever youtooob disallows :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now Mr Tripod is here I will be making as many decent vids I can - the existing ones are all pretty old now & contain breathing noise, animals everywhere & Big Tits wandering around :lollegs: etc - that method is dead now!! lol

Here's my Oneline Boomers:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=BEA218B70F2B18D1!23602&cid=BEA218B70F2B18D1

6. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

A nice one and great photos, Nick lad! :thumbsup: