1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Walkman Collection

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by SeanMT, Jun 28, 2017.

1. SeanMT

SeanMT Member

well lets start with the first Walkman that I got

EG Am Fm Stereo model: 3-5482A
    IMG_1336[1].jpg

this walkman (or in this case portable cassette player) being my first walkman the i ever got I also got on my birthday. so as cheep as it is i still love it and i still smile when i use it times.

the second walkman i got (this time it was a walkman :wink2 )
    was a Sony wm-45
    IMG_1342[1].jpg
    the reason why i got this one was because the speed on the EG was wrong and i did not know how to fix it so my mom got me a new walkman. it was also my first sports walkman too!!!

next is another Sony sports walkman but it's a little bit different then any
    sports walkman I've seen (and a lot more Canadian to.)
    IMG_1349[1].jpg

This is the Sony wm-fs111 Canada addition.
    we got this as a (sigh) replacement for my Wm 45 the problem with it was the speed this time was to fast (i know right :shakehead:) at lest this one worked and was my a official walk for quite a while. but then i dissected it was time for an up grade (or so i thought:banghead: )

meet the AIWA Peace of i mean HS-T65
    IMG_1355[1].jpg

this walkman or Radio cassette player was one of the most advance stereos i own but as you saw that not saying much and I will admit this stereo was not horrible it just did not last long. it lasted i think a month and then i doped it in the rain luckily it landed under the roof of the building (we have outdoor schools so most of our classes are in separate buildings across a huge campus) and some people were there and they help me put it back to gather which was really cool of them. then after school I dropped it again and that did it did not do any thing for a couple of weeks. so dissected to get walkman number 5.

walkman number 5 is a rather nice and really advance walkman. a little bit more advance than the AIWA, in some way's yes and no and here you go
    the Sonywm-FX521 walkman
    IMG_1361[1].jpg

as well a being advance it is also pretty expensive. some time it comes to prices in which i wold never pay for (at the time) but i was lucky and caught it on a bid and no one except for one person bid against me an which i one and got it for like 15 to 20 bucks it was a really good deal and i still use the walk man to this day.

the next walkman i got was from goodwill of all places and was a
    Sony wm- fs395 (I did not take a picture of this one so here's one from google)
    [​IMG]

next is one also from goodwill and its a bit of a historical one as well
    it is the WM-F1
    IMG_1374[1].jpg
    The first cassette walkman with a built in radio. (how ever I could be wrong about that so don't quot me on it)

ops almost for got this one
    the Sony wm-gx51
    IMG_1366[1].jpg

This is my first and only walkman that can record an that is still broken.
    which is unfortunate be cuz when it did it was not half bad and that's it that was my walkman/personal stereo collection as well as my experiences with these devises
    thanks for reading :thumbsup:

ops i for got
    one

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Longman and Ball000 like this.
  2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these photos.
    By the way you take good pictures and your walkmans are in nice cosmetic condition

SeanMT and Ball000 like this.
  3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

You have a nice collection. The JVC deck in your other thread is very nice and looks to be top of the range.

It makes me wonder how much all your equipment would have cost when bought new.

4. SeanMT

SeanMT Member

When I was looking for my jvc I found an old post the seller said he payed 1000 dollars for it in 1983. The seller was also from Canada.

5. SeanMT

SeanMT Member

Also I do want to say that I got the picture technique's and tips from Walkman Archives blog. So a big thanks to Walkman Archive.

RevDoc, Ball000 and Boodokhan like this.
  6. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Thabks for sharing, SeanMT, you have a nice collection. I have the yellow sports too and it still works (no belt change, no nothing, just works :swoon)

I'm glad that my tutorials helped you. Your photos are nice and well done. Keep it going! :thumbsup:

7. StereoPunch

StereoPunch New Member

Hi! I am new here. Sorry for reviving this old thread. But can you please help me know the manufacture date for the GE 3-5482A cassette player? I just bought it. The date code is 2135M. I cannot find what it means. Thanks a lot!