1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RQ-P525

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by mrp32Dave, Feb 4, 2017.

1. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Very pleased with this, I've been wanting another Dolby C player for a while and didn't want to spend too much, this was very cheap :biggrin:. This one is in great condition with just a few tiny nicks here and there, sounds very nice and I like the infinitely variable XBS feature.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Indeed a very rare and desirable model! Congrats. :thumbsup:

3. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Love mine, bought a few weeks ago, id say it's the best panasonic ever made as the bass isn't on a remote, hate those, very nice score indeed congrats, to be honest walkmans with just dolby b arn't worth buying as they offer nothing out of the ordinery, dolby c all the way

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

What does the dial controller XBS (eXtra Bass System)do? obviously is not a volume controller. is it something to control the speed?

5. mrp32Dave

The Extra Bass System (XBS) is similar to Sony's Megabass, you can have it turned on or off, when on you use the controller to vary the amount of bass anywhere between zero and full.

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

there 2 different controller for XBS on this walkman, one that sets the XBS to on and off and that is very obvious
    but my question is about the dial type of controller that looks similar to volume control where you can rotate it (3rd picture) and is next to volume controller. What is the purpose of this one?

7. mrp32Dave

The other control next the volume is to adjust the amount of XBS from min to max and any amount in between.

8. m80116

m80116 New Member

Fascinating unit. I apprehend from this forum the existence of it. I have a fascination for Panasonic portables.