1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic RQ-SX97F/87V Remote/Spoofing

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by bub, Sep 7, 2017.

1. bub

bub Active Member

I just got one of these Panasonic SX units working, but I can't turn the awful S-XBS off without the remote.
    IMG_8589.JPG
    I've looked through the service manual and the furthest I've got is to trigger the reset test point. Unfortunately reset does nothing to the S-XBS as it is on by default... If anyone has a spare remote for one of these things, let me know! They should look like this:

P1012414_RQ-SX97F.JPG
    IMG_8590.JPG

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to spoof the remote, that will be even better! The service manual does not include the remote's schematics.

2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Sorry can't help Bub, i avoid later panasonics like this for this reason, what a dreadful idea having the bass just on the remote

3. bub

bub Active Member

I will never recommend this series (2 Belt SX) either, due to its many problems (extremely fragile clutches and gears, rubber on capstans (!)) , weak amp. But part of my curiosity wants a working SX so that I can compare it to its Sony and Aiwa competitors from the same late years (I think that even with the S-XBS off, it's not competitive).
    I can finally get one of these things working thanks to Marian's new SX belts.

Truly an awful design having some settings only on remote... but I like the white Panasonic reels.