1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause slider knob WM-W800

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by Helaba, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Hi Dear fellows..... Can somebody help me with a pause slider knob for a Sony WM-W800? Thx thx....

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have a lot of experience with this model. what do you need? parts? photos?? just name it :lollegs:

3. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Hi Bodookhan, i just need the pause slider... Mine is broken off.... Do you have please one to help me? I am not sure if there is a spring inside?? I also ordered new belts with Marian.... I think iT is a regular job? IT would be great if you could give a buddy push... :)

4. Boodokhan

No problem at all,
    I can send you this pause slider/ button next week,
    Let me know if you need another part

Patex likes this.
  5. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

image.jpeg That is super-fantastic!!! Thanks ! I took a pic of the current condition.. IT looks that something is broken off in the middle of that square hole!!?? Please look careful Boodokhan .... Will iT work with the slider only, or do i need the whole trim?

6. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Also another issue just noticed.. The A play button does not stay in place, when pushed! Any idea why? Looks mechanical ? As i not opened yet, i have no clue...

7. Boodokhan

The problem is not in the button itself. The button mechanism should be checked. I can send you the whole button mechanism. You must be carefull if you decide to remove and replace the button mechanism. All buttons are connected to the mechanism.
    Lubricate the mechanism to see whether or not it work. I have extra pars for this model anything you need.
    I will send you the pause button on Monday , so let me know if you need anything else.
    And don't be shy, I never sell stuff, anything I send will be free

8. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Thanks a lot my friend!! You are an Angel!

9. framished

framished New Member

Boodokhan, would you happen to have another pause button/slider?

10. Boodokhan

Sorry friend
    No more pause button slider

11. Musiquero

Musiquero New Member

https://imgbox.com/ZB32vejE
    https://imgbox.com/iW3yFp9E

Hello, good morning everyone from Spain, I have a WM-800 walkman, and I want to repair it, like the colleague above I have the broken pause button, and the glass door on side A, which is the one with the "A "in a green triangle with a slit. Does anyone know where I could get especially the pause button and if possible the door of face A? I have had it since I was a child and I would like to repair it, it is hardly used, it would break if it was in the drawers.
    Thank you very much for advancing. I live in Spain.

Hola, muy buenos dias a todos desde España, tengo un walkman WM-800, y quierro repararlo , tengo como el compañero de arriba el boton de pause partido, y la puerta del cristal de la cara A que es la que tiene la "A" en un triangulo verde con una raja. Sabe alguien donde podria conseguir sobre todo el boton de pause y si fuera posible la puerta de la cara A? lo tengo desde niño y me gustaria repararlo, esta sin casi uso, se romperia de estar por los cajones.
    Muchas gracias por adenantado. Vivo en España.

12. Musiquero

Musiquero New Member

Hello, does anyone know where to get the wm-w800 pause button? A very nice guy sent me one but the plastic that hooks it is broken, does anyone know where I can get one in good condition? Thank you!!

Hola, alguien sabe donde conseguir el botón del pause wm-w800? Un chico muy amable me envió uno pero el plástico que engancha está partido, alguien sabe donde se puede conseguir uno en buen estado? Gracias!!

13. Musiquero

Musiquero New Member

Nobody knows where to get it? Cheers

14. Boodokhan

Hello @Musiquero
    I had this part but sent it to another member. This button slider needs to be printed by 3D printer.
    regarding the glass door/ acrylic door: your walkman door looks fine. at this time don't change it.
    I have 25 Wm-W800 in working condition. few of them had broken acrylic glass door and I needed to find a solution to change them, So I designed the door and printed it, You can see the process here:
    http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/design-on-acrylic.3600/
    But as I said your walkman door looks just fine.

15. Musiquero

Musiquero New Member

to get it out in a 3D printer, would you have the measurements of the bottom hook? I only have the above… I could still entrust it to a friend if I knew the stockings. Thanks a lot.