1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer!

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by Mister X, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Our local Best Buy takes old school electronics and gets rid of them for you! For free! You can't miss it since it's next to the door but this poor guy should have been saved. I'm not sure what happened after I left but I own others in worse condition and this would have been at home in my place. Knowing Pioneer it probably stills cranks out (remember the Marantz Ads?).
    WP_20141223_002SM.jpg

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Jesus I dunno that looks beyond help.

3. Mister X

Remember this?
    85fb2404082e288c87bf242d1da04035.jpg

4. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

She looks a little hung, but it may still work. I traded a component for an old Pioneer SX-450 sitting in a local shop I go to often. The receiver had been sitting in a basement for years before it was turned into the shop. The receiver was in poor condition, but it worked like a champ. It is a survivor. Here is a picture of what I found when I popped the cover. Looks nasty.

[​IMG]

Nando.

5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Blimey and it survived! Great save

6. Mister X

Some of the hipster shops might like the weathered-look Nando, those Pioneers are pretty robust and the look would fit in good somewhere. Here's a barn-find Marantz 4220 (quad!), it doesn't work but it's a really neat little guy, got it off of an older gentleman that did audio/tv repair years ago and he had a basement packed with equipment. This thing is small compared to most Marantz's except for the little 10-15 watt line.
    DSCN0450SM.jpg

Elite-ist likes this.
  7. Mister X

I'm gonna throw this one in to, not sure if it worked but it was a curb find in Paris. Hard to believe someone would leave this out but maybe it's worth more here. The amp is a Luxman, I don't have any experience with these as they tend to be more obscure around here. Unfortunately I couldn't take it with me but the needle, headshell and 45 adapter did find a new home.
    IMG_3710SM.jpg