1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please rate this boombox

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I was looking for a Conion boombox and found out that a member has it. This boombox is a Conion V 121 LF. I checked eBay to see if any of this model sold recently and couldn't find it. So this is the deal

I pick 6 boombox enthusiasts ID: @deech , @nickeccles , @Radio Raheem , @T-ster , @Deliverance,@Reli .
    Our friend( seller) will choose 3 of you to give the estimate. Then we will calculate the average of these 3 estimates.

Then I will add $100 on top of this estimate to make the seller happy and another $100 to ship it to my address in California.

To me this is something fun and will leave some memories to this boombox.
    So for now I will wait for our friend to pick 3 names from the above 6 names. Then we will ask these 3 members to give us estimate. The boombox is fully functional and I will post photos later.

2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

I don't think i can give you an estimate my friend as iv never had one, 3 peice in genral are much cheaper than one peice, everyones estimate in price will differ for many reasons, id say £100 in good condition also for me it depends if the box sounds any good, if not i wouldn't want it for free haha

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. Boodokhan

I appreciate your comment and I will try to see if other members can give some estimate
    Thanks again

Radio Raheem likes this.
  4. Boodokhan

I should have placed our most respectful members @samovar and @docs to the list.

5. Boodokhan

6. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

I really think this model is a JVC built Compo - I would stake my knowledge of boomers to say it is!!

Not keen on the overall styling but I would love one too & fully working & in good condition around the £100 mark would be ideal - It depends on how much you want it :wink:
    If it performs as well as the JVC PC-R11C Compo then it's a keeper for sure...........it also already has 2 way speakers instead of the rubbish full range driver the JVC employs so potentially there is no more to do than just enjoy owning one!!

Hope you get it :reelspin: :reelspin:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  7. Boodokhan

Thanks Nick
    I would like to get more input from boombox enthusiasts

8. Selcuk Turkoglu

Selcuk Turkoglu New Member

Hello all.

It's me selling the boombox and because I'm pretty useless with pricing, thanks to Boodokhan this thread was born :)

I don't really want to pick as I value everyones' input on this but as a deal's a deal, I'll pick Reli, T-Ster and Deech and if you want we'll use Radio Raheem and Nicks' input into the overall average. Sound fair?

Thanks for all of your input guys, I'm pretty crap at this pricing malarkey.

9. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Its a really hard one to price as there have been none sold in recent times and its a pretty rare model. There has been one of the Supertech aka's sold for 199euros so that is all the information we have to go on. I would say the Conion branded version would be more sought after hence i would estimate £150-£200 for this box. Sorry!
    16730367_1188665497915391_5558930098256012628_n.jpg

10. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

That thing is either really nice, well-built and heavy or a turd. It's one of the better looking boxes I've seen in a long time!

11. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I wasn't asked so :ass

:biggrin:

Patron and nickeccles like this.
  12. Boodokhan

We are still waiting for @deech and @Reli to comment on this topic.
    @Northerner sorry i didn't place your name but i appreciate your input/ So what do you think about this box?

13. Selcuk Turkoglu

Selcuk Turkoglu New Member

Hello all,

I'm back from my exhibition in Istanbul, I'd like to thank everyone for their input. If anyone else would like to chime in I'm cool with it.

Boodokhan, we'll wait till the end of the weekend if you want and then we'll average it out and take it from there. Sounds good?

Boodokhan likes this.
  14. Boodokhan

sounds great

15. deech

deech Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the late reply but imho boombox enthusiasts are slowly vanishing from S2GO.

Here you can check my opinion for this diamond. ---->

http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/scans-from-brochures-manuals-coloured-and-blackandampwhite.htm

http://stereo2go.org/forums/threads/conion-v-121f.602/

There used to be a dedicated post from the Old Site about this boombox .
    Among lost brochures and lost paperwork plus many HI-RES pics, we are discussing the features of the
    Conion V-121F . This compo and akas of ithas been mentioned and praised on numerous occasions
    at various old threads too if my memory serves me right.

There is also this link from Reli's Wiki page ----->
    http://www.wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=Conion+V-121

Got Mine from old member Mariyan Valachev from Sofia-Bulgaria for 280 euros including shipping
    Fully working and in Great condition. It still is in my possesion and i enjoy it.
    There is a youtube video from the exact unit i got from him :

One more story is that more or less a year ago i found a pair of speakers locally
    that belonged to this compo and i contacted
    member Selcuk too because he was selling the main unit but our deal
    didnt materialize not for any particular reason.

I ve been wanting to say this also since many many members are from the UK that
    my thoughts are with Manchester Members and i hope you and your families are all ok

nickeccles and Helaba like this.
  16. Boodokhan

I want to thank everybody who participated in this topic. The deal is completed and i will be receiving this beautiful box soon.
    The selling price is $400 shipped to my address.
    I will print members input (@Radio Raheem , master nick @nickeccles , @T-ster , @Mister X , @deech ) and keep in in the battery compartment.

T-ster, deech and nickeccles like this.
  17. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Congrats BK with your new toy!

Boodokhan likes this.
  18. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Thanks! It looks like a sweet unit and at that price I have to believe it will live up to your expectations! Those oddball high-end units never turn up in the wild here in the Midwest, I see a lot of stuff through my job but boxes are few and far between and they are never anything nice like that one.

19. davebush

davebush Active Member

i wasnt asked either...............if you had of asked me, i would of give you mine for free............and posted it to usa free............and chucked in an M90

20. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed this post entirely, so I'm late for my opinion. Thanks for including me in the list of the "estimators" but I'm not good at this job. The fact is, I think that official prices (read: ebay) are enflated. Anyway I remember that one was on Australian ebay years ago for about $120 -- but shipment costs abroad were deadly so I guess it went to a local collector.

Contrary to MisterX's opinion, I think that you shouldn't lose hope in finding a rare box in the wild -- but you have to be very patient (and lucky). Of course, the assumption depends at least in part on where you are located: Greece would be optimal, but Italy is not bad either.

Case in point: I do not own the Conion V121, but I have its Radiotone Tarragona 800 aka, which I found at the local market early this year. I won't tell you the price or you may have a second heart attack after you missed davebush's generous offer ;) But it was way cheaper than all the numbers I read here.

There were specs of paint on it. An interesting detail, because what we now consider a high-end unit was on heavy duty at the workplace. The right channel wasn't working (an easy repair for tech), but other than that there were no blemishes. A lovely box, you surely did the right thing when you bagged one.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017