1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with motor on WM-F1

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Chris, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Active Member

It doesn't turn unless I encourage it by pulling the belt slightly. I initially thought it wasn't getting enough power, but I've replaced the batteries with brand new ones 3 times so I don't think that's the problem. Not sure what else it could be though.

2. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

3. Chris

Chris Active Member

4. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Chris.. before looking for a new motor, try to ascertain if the motor is able to be worked back into life. Careful lubrication and a bit of persistence could prove enough to get the motor back in running order.

Any thread that covers the TPSL2 and wm3 motors all have similar success stories, mine included. My wm3 motor was jammed solid, but a careful lube and giving it time to work in, all the while working the motor paid back in dividends.

It's as good as new.

With regards to a new motor, it never hurts to have spares ;-)

What's the motor number? Is it the 1600? If so, there is a guy in Israel with a supply but your looking at £70 plus

5. Chris

Chris Active Member

Would I need to use sewing oil for the lubrication? and do I only need to lubricate the top?

Not sure what the motor is, but due to its similarity with the WM-4, I'd say it's a DNE-5600A

Thanks