1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resurrecting dead walkmans?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Command8, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Seeing as how baking soda neutralizes acid , it should be possible to clean short-circuited circuits caused by electrolytic capacitors and leaky batteries.
    Doing some research on the topic, it led me to this video of people resurrecting a car battery on the highway using baking soda
    How can this be applied to our dead walkmans?

Michelle Knight likes this.
  2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

hmmm, i watched that video. strange, i don't know how you get the bridge to dead walkmen ? anyway, i prefer a dead walkman and a whiskey with soda water instead...:nodding:

3. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Speaking of dead walkman, Take a look at the px101:
    20180112_184444.jpg 20180112_184454.jpg 20180112_184508.jpg 20180112_184535.jpg
    I am very afraid that the flex cable that controls the walkman has been damaged, once I get my dc2 back from Sergi, this one is going straight to spain.
    I am not even going to attempt to fix it, this is the walkman equivalent of going to the ICU.

4. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

...aaarrgh, that one suffered a lot :shock

5. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Good News, cleaned her up, a bit of contact cleaner here and there and she is now alive to an extent.
    I will upload a video later on

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  6. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Ok if it isn't clear with the video, I replaced the belt inside. One of the washers of the capstan keeps slipping off. When plug a power source it powers on automatically a very faint noise can be heard; I am unsure if the IC is sentient or if it simply is the Walkman trying to pickup any unwound tape.