1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder!!

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by nickeccles, May 21, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Just a quick one this!!

Bought it weeks ago & just got round to look at it today :wink:

Took just 2 hours to repair & restore this £10 stereo..........

Sweet little mini & maybe the last for a while - I am loving the bigger boys now along with the compo's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Another little mini saved & certainly nothing to get too excited about - An impulse buy & I kind of like it! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (1).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (2).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (3).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (4).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (5).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (6).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (7).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (8).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (9).jpg Roberts RSR-50 Stereo Radio Recorder - May 2017 (10).jpg

Matias likes this.
  2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

If it wasn't for the background I would think someone had hacked your account.
    No cats helping out with the unboxing, and it is BLACK (although it does have very shiny Silver controls).

I wonder if anyone overseas could name the Sangean AKA. Although Roberts is a UK brand nearly all their plastic cased stuff
    is made By Sangean. They also make radios based on their classic 1960s designs like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Re...&qid=1495575917&sr=1-4&keywords=roberts+radio

nickeccles likes this.
  3. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Nice looking Mini! My fave mini is still the Panasonic 52! It has not been dethroned for me LOL

nickeccles likes this.
  4. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Agree EJ, I have 6 rx 52's guess I'm just obsessed with em, there so beautiful, Nick I agree you're account has been hacked, what are you doing with a black box:wink:

nickeccles likes this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Over here I run into Roberts Reel to Reels once in a while so I thought these might be related but Roberts UK is an entirely different company. Both companies have a very long history.

nickeccles likes this.
  6. Longman

https://www.robertsradio.com/uk/about/history

I found the 1961 entry interesting. Hugo has showed pictures of his Gold Walkmans.
    I bet they aren't Solid Gold (although I doubt if it did much for the sets reception).

7. Mister X

8. Longman

Interesting information which is well worth a look. The Akai connection is interesting.
    During the same time period Grundig and Philips seemed to dominate the UK market for
    reel to reels. We had a Grundig reel to reel at the school I went to in the late 1960s.

My Mother, who taught there (but luckily never had to teach me) used to take in my Fathers Grundig International DC cassette recorder then got her own Sanyo Radio Cassette in 1973 as they were so much easier to use. At secondary school we were still using Reel to Reel for language lessons in 1978.

9. Mister X

I donated my Akai Reel to Reel to the local Goodwill. It worked, was mint, had everything but took up a lot of room with two big boxes. I got it from a local electronics recycler that would save things that look interesting but they had no clue what it was. I regret it now as it was older than their first popular model but there is no net information about it making me think it was one of the first Akai's in the U.S. All tube with working belts and a nice glow when running.