1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo ES-P7

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Minty, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Minty

Minty Member

IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3769.JPG IMG_3770.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3772.JPG

Emiel likes this.
  2. Minty

Minty Member

Here is my Sanyo ES-P7. I had pictures of it on the old site, but thought I'd put some up here. I purchased it many years ago on Taobao. It's totally complete and fully functional, and a rare green colour.

In my view this is the nicest Walkman ever created, and my favourite Walkman from my collection. It has a beautiful seamless design, which has no exterior buttons, which means it can only be used via the inline remote. It is also super slim.

3. Minty

Minty Member

My apologies if my photos are not uploaded correctly. I'm still unsure as how to upload them correctly. I'm using a smartphone and not a pc.

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Your Walkmans always go well with your ID, all minty and nice looking.
    Never seen this model before, thanks for sharing the pictures

5. Minty

Minty Member

Thank you for the compliment. When I was a younger man (getting old now), I always associated Sanyo as a cheap brand. Sony, Aiwa, and Panasonic were top dogs when it came to high end Walkmans. It was only when I started collecting Walkmans that I realised Sanyo produced some high end stuff themselves, most notably the JJ series of Walkmans. I guess they didn't have the same marketing resources that the other big Japanese manufacturers had. But the ES-P7 is a perfect example of what Sanyo could produce. A wonder of minaturisation. It's sad that the Sanyo brand is no longer with us.