1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sears TV/micro cassette boombox Rare Bird!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by 2channelhero, Feb 21, 2017.

1. 2channelhero

2channelhero Active Member

I just got this Sears TV/micro cassette/AM FM boombox for hopefully a reasonable price. It is model number 289.51000250 (whoever can remember that). I just like it as a unique addition to my collection. Everything works! The micro cassette records in stereo off the radio, line input, or built in stereo microphones. It is an AKA of the Sharp Trimate 3000 3T-41, or the GE 3XM3214E.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    AKA GE 3xm3214E image.jpg
    AKA Sharp Trimate 3000 (3T-41) image.jpg
    Sharp 3T-41 also in silver

Brutus442, retro and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Nice find very compact unit .

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Cool interesting rare Mini! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

4. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy New Member

Very cool! Congrats!

5. Mark Wysong

Mark Wysong Member

So it was you who bought that boombox from me! That is a nice little unit. It was a pain in the arse to change the belts on that beast. I was impressed with recording off the radio. I didn't have a way to get video into it - will it record audio off the TV, too? I really liked that unit as well.

2channelhero likes this.
  6. 2channelhero

Hey, Mark! Nice to see you on here! Yeah, I love this little gem! It does record off the tv! I had it apart just to see inside and it's an absolute jungle in there! So many things you would have to take apart just to get to the tape deck! I had to adjust the picture size because it was rolling on the top. Got that adjusted and I hopefully won't have to get into that mess again! Thanks again for providing this for my growing collection, Mark!

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Very cute mini
    I have a question, How did you connect the VCR to this mini?? It doesnt have video-in option :iconconfused:

8. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Very nice TV combo! I fell in love with my JVC 3090 from a member here and am having a ton of fun with it.

I also recognize the movie you're playing through it. I'm a HUGE Kevin Smith fan and I recognize "Mallrats" anywhere.

"Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?" Snooochie Booochie! LOL:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2channelhero likes this.
  9. 2channelhero

I hooked a vcr up to it through channel 3 like in the old days, and used a coax splitter to the two vhf screws. They also make audio/video boxes that convert any AV signal into a channel 3/4 output, which any vcr can do, as well.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  10. 2channelhero

Snewchies!!

11. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

12. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Awesome! I grabbed the Sharp, three of those boxes showed up at the same time, very odd timing, I think it was the Sharp, GE and the Sears Models....

2channelhero likes this.