1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp GF-7 my one and only boom box

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by buzbox, Jun 16, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hey all. I'm normally posting in the Walkman section but I thought I 'd share some photos of my one and only boom box for now :) It's a Sharp GF-7 in very good working condition. Interesting background on how I got this player. I was at a customer site fixing one of their large format printers and saw this in the corner of the room. I asked my customer if it still works and told him about my interest in Walkmans and we started talking and all of a sudden when I was packing up to leave he hands me the player and says "It's yours!" Couldn't believe he just gave it to me. Still plays cassettes very well considering it's never had a belt replaced. Sound is quite good too.

IMG_1452.JPG IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1454.JPG IMG_1455.JPG

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Lovely little mini and awesome to get it for free :)

3. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Lovely box, do not be deceived by the mini-format of the Sharp -- a circumstance thet helped you, a walkman guy, appreciate it. Now that the boombox bug bit you, you'll be a fan forever. Let's discuss the title of this thread ("my one and only...") in a year from now ;)

4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Amen to that Sal, lovely little mini, the form factor is so useful you will use it a lot. Now lets see if you keep it to just one...

Mystic Traveller and samovar like this.
  5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Here we go!! I think i'll stick to the Walkmans for now but never say never. I would like to find a Sony CFS 710S. I had one when I was a kid. Not a very sought after model I think but I always liked the design.

6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

i'm in with sal and tre - many years ago i used to be a "walkman-only-boy". i lived there alone in my old station-house and had loads of walkmen everywhere - untill i met AO (...when he was still in the uk (means that's minimum 8 to 10 years ago !) and saw "live" his Sharp GF777 and some monster-Sanyo - that got me !
    a few years, hundreds of fleamarkets and a good connection to the local recycling- place later i could call +/- 300 boxes my own.

i'm not saying it'll hit you that hard, even i'm down to 14 or 15 boxes (hmmm...sure ?...only ?) because i moved away from there, also got family and other hobbies, but be asured, yo definitely DO need more than one box !

imagine you camping with buddies and you're in charge of the musical entertainment, but allready lost your one-man-band-skills long ago and sold your drum/guitar/harmonica/accordeon-combo for a handfull of Walkman - then you look at your pretty little Sharp and decide:

a) not loud enough
    b) not to take it with in case something happens to it
    c) it doesn't have the right colour to go with your outfit
    d) it's appearance is not in line with the music you bring
    to be endless continued (...ask a woman why she needs more than 12 pairs of shoes )

...got it ?

7. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Nice story, there are still a plenty of good folks out there! :)

8. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I can fully understand that you would like a CFS 710S for the memories of yesteryear.
    If you want to set yourself a challenge look for a boxed one in as new condition.

p.s Nice little Sharp. I am surprised that the model number starts GF rather than QT.