1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp GF-777E

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by mrp32Dave, May 3, 2017.

1. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

I've been wanting one of these for a long time :biggrin: got this one last week, I'll start with the packing there was none except one layer of thin cardboard and some brown paper, I still don't know how it managed to arrive with absolutely no damage? The seller did remove some of knobs, this may have helped slightly?
    How not to pack a 777! WARNING 40 pictures didn't know that was the limit on posts, I do now :ohmy

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

It's in very nice condition but was filthy which I think helped to protect the finish, as once I gave it a really good clean it looks very nice, except the smashed cassette door on deck 2 this was already damaged prior to posting, if anyone has one........:scratch2: I'd be very interested in buying it?
    I only took one picture before I cleaned it and it doesn't look too bad,so here's the pictures from the listing which show it better.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg

I took a chance with this as the seller had no feedback as a seller, except one negative, this may have put others off, so I got it for a reasonable price compared to some of the prices people are asking.
    So stripped it down to do the belts bit of pain but needed doing, even more so all the rubber tires were dirty and shiny these were the main problem I think, both decks now work great.

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg
    9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg

Here's the end result a very nice 777 in great condition with only a minor scratches here and there, I'm very happy with it, and it sounds great :yahoo

20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg 31.jpg 32.jpg 33.jpg 34.jpg 35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg

The speakers aren't too badly faded and look fine with the grills on, but would look better if they were darker, I will probably sort this soon once I decide on the best method.

A few shots in the sunshine listening in the garden

16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

nickeccles, thid and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Looking good! Glad it survived the dire packing!

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Nice catch! Congrats! :)

4. Edd

Edd Member

Look cool out in the sunshine.

5. Erniejade

Erniejade Member

Nice work!!!!! Looks fantastic

6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Beauty, Im surprised but relieved it survived the terrible packing, it looks really good to, lovely boxes these.

7. thid

thid New Member

8. mrp32Dave

mrp32Dave Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm still amazed that it arrived with no damage :scratch2:, there was nothing to protect it one drop or heavy knock would have destroyed it.

Thanks, a good club to be in :biggrin:

Anyway here's a little update, I decided this morning to do something about the faded speakers, they weren't that bad but were bugging me, so after a bit of should I or shouldn't I, I just did it.
    Here's the result good I hope, think it looks ok, just need to find a cassette door to finish it off.

1.jpg

3.jpg

9. Selcuk Turkoglu

Selcuk Turkoglu New Member

Awesome box mate!

10. Boombox Taff

Boombox Taff New Member

Looks really nice mate, and good you could sort the decks out yourself... That packaging though.. some people have no idea. It's a miracle it didn't get damaged. Good score :)

11. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Quality cassette mechanism! Huge flywheels & 2 motors.............

The restoration of all these stereo's is awesome to see - The internet is so good for enthusiasts of any objects from the past! :wink:

We all know that feeling when a unit arrives (Undamaged) & you hold it & just smile :wink:

It doesn't get any better than that.........

Boombox Taff likes this.