1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes things just dont work out...

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by buzbox, Oct 9, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

So recently bought what I thought was a almost mint condition TPS-L2. Received it today and I'm not too pleased. Looked awesome in the photos but not so awesome in person. :( Anyway the motor seems shot so just wondering if I can use a motor from a WM-5 or a WM-2? I have both of those motors and I know they work. TPS-L2 uses "MNF-1600B" and the one I have spare is "MNF-1600F". Anyone what the differences are?

2. renzgi

renzgi Member

I think that does not matter.
    Have also already seen a WM-R2 with motor "B"
    Best to test.;)

Jorge likes this.
  3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@buzbox very interesting! Please update how it goes. At least for Discmans TT motors, if it fits, it will work no matter whats the voltage. But those speeds are servo-controlled.
    Also, when there is a pulley press-fit onto the rotor its always iffy if they can be exchanged. Just last week I totalled a perfectly good LP12 motor when trying to exchange 60 Hz pulley for the 50 Hz one... $150 idiotic move on my part :mad:

4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Thanks for the input guys. Will check it out again on the weekend. Might redo the solder on the board before doing any disassembly.

5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Woo hoo. Got it going!! One of the negative terminals (spring) had a loose connection. Resoldered and now working. Just need to fit new belts and hope the sound is good. Then it's time to sell!!!