1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Es1000 Dat

Discussion in 'Other formats: DCC, MD, Reel 2 reel, CD...' started by James Tervit, Dec 31, 2017.

1. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Hi All,

I use my DAT drive to backup all my 4 track 7.5ips tapes and it does a really good job at it as well. I hope you like my example below.

some info on this excellent drive.

http://www.datrecorders.co.uk/dtc1000es.php

Happy New Year to everyone on this wonderful forum.

2. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Very nice, James. And that's why engineers supported this format for studio recordings.

Also, extending Happy New Year salutations to you and the other members of our forum.

Nando.

James Tervit likes this.
  3. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Hi Nando, agreed it is an amazing format for mastering 7.5ips 4 track. Happy new year matey, my wee scotsman will warm your bones this cold new year.

4. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the wee Scotsman performance, James. And earlier this afternoon my wife watched Braveheart for the umpteenth time.

Nando.

James Tervit and Jorge like this.
  5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Elite-ist I hear ya, man! My wife watched that Mel Gibson movie about J.Christ a hundred times: good to know that I am not the only one with such a wife!!!

James Tervit likes this.
  6. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Oh man the Braveherat movie is ok, the music is the best part, I think you must have a lot of patience and yes I have been through the two movies about at least a hundred time... Happy new year guys.

7. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

I did a transfer of an Elton John Nautilus recording, it came from a VPI TT to a Tascam recorder and then I transferred it over to my A807 through my Naim DAC this was the end result.