1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY TPS-L2 - **Mint** Unopened in Original Packaging

Discussion in 'Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)' started by GenXBuzz, Dec 6, 2016.

1. GenXBuzz

GenXBuzz New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to try this avenue before going more broadly to market (open to suggestions!). I have an original Sony TPS-L2 Walkman circa 1980 in original packaging. I didn't realise the significance of it until I started to do some research and I am led to believe it is one of only a couple that are unopened/still sealed original models.

The backstory is that the player was one of several provided to my family by the SE Asia Sony distributor at the time, and as such it was not needed as we used others and kept it as a spare.

Absolutely everything is in the box, including the unopened demo cassette Side A YMCA and Stayin Alive, Side B El Bimbo and When Will I See You Again. Headphones are original MDR-3L2.

Ideally I would have liked to sell the player to an electronics museum or similar, but I am having trouble finding anything suitable in Australia, or a genuine collector as it has sentimental value.

Open to any offers/suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Geo124

Geo124 New Member

G,day Mate

How much are you looking for am interested cheers

3. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Hi GenXBuzz,
    This is one of the many iconic Sony walkmans you ve got there
    but please read forum rules in order to keep your classified within the rules
    a new seller must state an exact price of the item that he is selling or offering
    to this community.

Radio Raheem and Brutus442 like this.
  4. GenXBuzz

GenXBuzz New Member

Hi deech,
    Sorry, have read forum rules and can't see where it states that an exact price must be stated? Did I miss something?

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I am willing to buy it. Let me know how much your price is.

6. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Interested toooo!

7. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Just letting you guys know I've tried contacting this lady via email and have not had a reply. That was 2 months ago. I have also been in contact with another member regarding this player and the minimum price is $5000 AUD.

8. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

:emoji_astonished:Now that's what i call " a bargain" :old:

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hahah I know. I am still trying to get in contact with the seller. I hope they still have it. Been told that her children aren't interested in it so I would really like to get this but the price is waaaaaayyyyy too much.

10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

IT is very Nice in that condition, but as iT is only 1 of the 300000 out there, i think a reasonable price is About 1000 $......

11. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Not bad... minimum.. :smoke