1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman Professional WM-D6C - only recording in mono?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by alasdair, Jan 20, 2017.

1. alasdair

alasdair New Member

Hi,

My name is Alasdair and I'm a Scotsman living in Manchester. I grew up with cassette tapes and I recently had a couple of Walkmans restored - a WM-F702 and a WM-EX808. I have a WM-DD33 but need to figure out how to get the broken plastic gear wheel fixed. I want to continue using tapes so that I can show them to my son when he's older, so he can see what we used to listen to music on.

So now that I had the facility to listen to tapes I wanted to be able to record on them, so I very recently bought a Walkman Professional WM-D6C on eBay. It was supposed to have been tested but when I've tried recording with it I'm only getting one channel, like it's mono. The Walkman is in fantastic condition and plays tapes extremely well.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and if it can be easily repaired? I've contacted a few people about repairing it as I want to keep it rather than get a refund from the seller (I'm still waiting to hear from them about what they're going to do to help) particularly because it came with an original Sony mains adaptor.

If anyone knows of someone who can repair Walkmans I'd be delighted to hear from you!

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017