1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY WM-7

Discussion in 'Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)' started by Rochester21, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Rochester21

Rochester21 New Member

Hi. With regret i have decided to part ways with my WM-7. I have a small collection and i hate the ones that don`t work. I can`t afford to fix it and i`m too afraid to attempt any repair on my own. This is a clean looking machine, there are obvious signs of use but i am hopeful that it can and will be brought back to life in the hands of someone skillful enough. As is, the walkman turns on and tries to spin the tape, but stops after a second. The battery compartment is very clean, there are no signs of oxidation or battery leakage. Comes with the original case, also in decent shape, with no signs of mold, moisture etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would like to get 175 dollars for it and i`m including free registered worldwide shipping. Payment via paypal, the walkman will be shipped from Romania, tranzit times are 1 week for Europe and around 10 days for North America and the rest of the world.

2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Sorry this does not look clean, in fact it looks mouldy. Just look at the pinch rollers. Good luck getting $175 for it.

kitchen10 likes this.
  3. Rochester21

Rochester21 New Member

I`ve seen walkmans in much poorer shape than this WM-7, but on the other hand maybe you are right- i`il just have to keep this one and get it fixed. As a side mention, "TooCool4", i`m not sure why you registered on this forum because you are obviously don`t love classic walkmans. And you are definitely NOT COOL.

Snobs just like you make these older machines harder to come by. Every year a number of them get thrown out because they are less than perfect or simply out of fashion. Consumer society contradicts the very idea of collecting old stuff, like cassette walkmans, fountain pens etc.

If everyone had the same mindset as mister "TooLame4" there would be no more walkmans to collect, because 99% of them would have been dumped in a landfill a long time ago.

The sale is off, thank you. Happy to keep my mouldy WM-7. :music:

4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Rochester, I don't think Too Cool was being rude (or not intentionally), or suggesting you throw it out. Unfortunately I would have to agree that it doesn't look particularly clean and £175 may be on the high side.

The wm7 is a great machine, this one sounds like it simply has belt issues. I completely agree with you that it would be great to keep it in use, we have members all over Europe so maybe we can find one to help you restore it, it's worth it.

5. TooCooL4

If you think a mouldy Walkman is “This is a clean looking machine” then your idea of clean is very different to mine.

You register on here and start taking offense and insulting people after 2 posts, when they are trying to help you by saying you will not get that price while it’s looking mouldy. What you need to have red from my post is the Walkman needs cleaning and then you could get that price maybe even more.

You obviously don’t need help, good luck if you carry on like that. Let’s see how much help you get from others.

6. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

I have to side with Toocool4. That's a $50 machine at best. Not wanting to slight the new member at all, but we've all seen better machines go for less

The symptoms you describe sound like it just needs new belts. They are cheap on eBay from Marian and you'll find ansticky thread under walkman tech for wm7 restoration which helped me get three units working.

I'd suggest going down that route. Give it a bit of a deep clean and you should get years out of it. The 7 was/is a great machine. A marvel in its day but also very viable. It is loud, has great Dolby performance and looks cool.

I wouldn't give up on the machine just yet.

As a side note, it's a friendly forum with even friendlier people. Courtesy is a prerequisite and calling out someone as lame or questioning their reasons for joining is way off the mark as a new user wanting to sell something.

I'd suggest you fix and enjoy or try your luck on eBay with better pictures of a cleaner machine and your earlier, accurate description of the fault. It's a desirable enough machine that you may get lucky.

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Rochester21
    You shouldn't get upset about recommendations. Collectors always want excellent looking items.
    Your walkman cosmetically is not in a great condition. It is obvious.
    TooCooL4 is one of our respectful members. Please be respectful when you respond to comments. You can challenge any member if you disagree with the recommendations but as i said be respectful.

autoreverser likes this.
  8. A O

A O Active Member

Boodokhan likes this.
  9. MetalHead93

MetalHead93 New Member

What a prick this dude is. He is gonna end up eating that walkman for alienating the potential buyer market LOL

Brutus442 likes this.
  10. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

@A O good to see you back. we miss you

Brutus442 likes this.
  11. TooCooL4

I can’t believe someone actually try to buy it. Sony WM-7

12. violetmind

violetmind New Member

Hope he gets his money back. Sigh.....

13. violetmind

violetmind New Member

But why was the item listed as from Romania but seller is based in U.K.